• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

IFPA Pinball Tournament - Sunday February 22 @ House of TARG (Ottawa)

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Hey Everyone,

I'm organizing another IFPA sanctioned pinball tournament on Sunday, February 22nd @ House of TARG in Ottawa.

There's a $5 Entry Fee which goes to the prize pool. There will be some other swag to be won as well (Gift Certificates, T-Shirts, Etc). Tournament is on coin-drop and all players pay for their credits.

Doors open for brunch and practice time at 11am - you must register by 12:30pm to participate. We'll be starting @ 1pm sharp.

Post here, PM me, or join the Facebook Event if you're interested in attending!

-----------------------------------------------
0uvHy5w.png

Ottawa Punk Pinball League and the House of TARG present an IFPA Sanctioned Pinball Tournament

Head-to-Head, 3 Strike Knockout Format *

Entry Fee $5 + Pay For Credits

Registration/Practice: 11am-12:30pm
Tournament Starts @ 1pm sharp
Note: players MUST register by 12:30pm to participate

All skill levels welcome! Win Prizes! Earn WPPR Points!

* Tournament format subject to change based on final attendance

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Awesome. I think I might have to attend this one.

hey tim - that would be rad! we had 1 player from Toronto last time. i hope to be holding the tourneys on Saturdays in the future in order to make trips easier for out-of-towners.

in any event, if you're making a night/weekend of it, Sunday night is also House of TARG's freeplay night - after 9pm there is a $5 cover and every pin/vid is on freeplay.

tim.sanderson

Yeah, Saturday would make it a little better for the ride home on Sunday, but a Sunday tourney is still totally do-able.
I've only been to Targ once. (during the Ottawa show this year) Such a fantastic venue! Beer and pinball is usually a perfect combo for me, but throw in a live band's cover of NOFX's The Decline, and I sort of lost my marbles. Such a fun night!

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
flyer is now up and circulating

appears there is another IFPA event on the same date ("Rumble in Durham"), which is unfortunate as i was hoping to get a few people from the GTA this time around (we had 1 last time)

Attachments

• Feb 22 2015 Flyer - Copy.jpg
    Feb 22 2015 Flyer - Copy.jpg
    180.9 KB · Views: 10

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
FYI players & prospective players - our RMT pals from 'The Hip Joint' will be on hand offering FREE massages throughout the tournament!

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
FYI players & prospective players - our RMT pals from 'The Hip Joint' will be on hand offering FREE massages throughout the tournament!

Are they hot chicks? I don't want any man hands on me! Will a happy ending be awarded for the tourney champ if the chicks are hot?

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
Are they hot chicks? I don't want any man hands on me! Will a happy ending be awarded for the tourney champ if the chicks are hot?

lol. two nice ladies. Geoff and Josh should be the ones giving out the massages seeing how many loonies will be flowing into their pins!

monty

Jul 30, 2014
Ottawa
FYI players - here's a list of the current pins setup @ TARG

some machines may be omitted from the tournament (functionality and/or tournament readiness/friendliness) but be prepared to play any or all of these

doors are @ 11am so you will have time for warmup/practice!

Spiderman
X-Men
Iron Man
Star Trek (Stern)
Metallica
The Walking Dead
Star Wars (Data East)
Independence Day
The Flintstones
The Getaway: High Speed II
Dr. Who
Fish Tales