• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

If/Where to Clearcoat AFM Playfield?

Brian D

Dec 7, 2020
Peterborough, ON
I am the happy owner of an AFM that is in decent shape but worthy of an overhaul. The previous owner also sold me a replacement playfield that he said is a Mirco, bought about 15 years ago and is still in the original bubble wrap. I will be doing a playfield swap either this winter or next and I am thinking about adding some clearcoat to the playfield before I use it, wondering where and how to do this in Ontario. I have a CFTBL that has been clearcoated (prior to me) and it is bulletproof and looks great. Some photos are attached, there seems to be a tiny bit of un-evenness around some of the city inserts (USA and Italy in particular) which I have tried to show. There is not crack in the clearcoat but I am worried about these becoming spots for chips over time and hope that some thicker clear may help this. It doesn't need to be a Kruzman masterpiece but I'd hate to do all the work to swap it and have it show wear quickly. I'm looking for any expert advice as I want this playfield to look decent for the long haul. Thanks!

IMG_6405.JPG
IMG_6406.JPG
IMG_6407.JPG
IMG_6408.JPG
IMG_6409.JPG
IMG_6410.JPG
I