• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS "HUO" Stellar Wars

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
For sale is my “HUO” Stellar Wars for $1800.

Many of you who have been to the second Canada PinCon would remember playing this game in the IFPA sanctioned tournament. This mostly removes the HUO concept from the game, but there’s a little more. This game has an interesting history to it…..

My life long best friend assisted me with “computer stuff” in preparation for the first Canada PinCon . Six months later he comes out and tells me his aunt has a pinball machine in her basement. I’m talking 6 months later! You think you would casually bring something like that up at some point especially after working on a pinball convention together.

Anyway, his uncle who has passed used to own a construction company out around Markham Ontario. Back in the late seventies he did a job building an arcade for some guy. Just before the grand opening, the arcade owner gave him this machine from off the floor and his uncle placed it in his basement for around 40 years. His uncle had money and a big gorgeous house with an amazing gameroom housing an old Seeburg, billiard table, bar and this Stellar Wars situated off in the perfect corner. The gameroom sat unused for many years. The basement was kept clean and somewhere through time the machine turned into a storage table for boxes in the dark dry basement.

OK so the Steve Ritchie designed Constantino artwork 1979 Williams Stellar Wars was 1 of only 2 super widebodies produced by Williams.

The game has been safely stored for almost 40 years out of the sun so the colours on the backglass and cabinet are all crisp. Backglass is a 9.5/10. I cleaned it and lost a few flakes. The game plays very strong. The flippers and pop bumpers are super snappy. It is a very busy game for a widebody with lots to shoot at. There are a couple nicks in the cabinet, but definitely noticeably clean. There is residual glue on the apron from the operator sticker falling off. The lower playfield has signs of wear, but still nice. The 29 3/8” long lockdown bar almost looks new without a single dent. The original plastics are in very nice condition and I put new inlane guides in. It is a fine sample and a great game.

Thanks for looking.

TNT Amusements Stellar Wars video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KZRBySP4Ce0

Internet pinball Database details here:
https://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=stellar+wars&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Email me for pictures. The ones I took are all over 2000KB and won't upload. I'm not a computer kind of guy.

Reactions: WARLOCK