• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Hello from St Thomas

Moonveil

Jun 19, 2020
St Thomas, Ontario
Hey Everyone,

Lurked on here for many years and figured it's time to actually get active.

I picked up my first pin, a Mars God of War 5 or 6 years ago when we still lived in Alberta for next to nothing but it was in really bad shape electronically. The rest of it is in nice shape overall so I went ahead and put a Pascal board in it and that along replacing a fair bit of other parts did get it booting up and able to play a game despite some major parts of the gameplay not working (multiball and stargate ramps not working)

One oil crash later and we found ourselves back home in Ontario. The machine moved back home with us too. It worked for a little while back here but then started blowing the solenoid fuse. I didn't know where to start and got frustrated and left it aside for a couple years.

I've got the bug again and feeling motivated to finish the project. I figured it might help my motivation if we had a working pin in the house as well and came across the Alien Poker that BMHouze was selling. Yeah, that's beside the Mars now... I guess the real question is how many more pins are going to join them, eh? On the bright side, my partner likes playing pinball just as much as I do so hopefully I don't stay in the doghouse too long when whatever the next pin arrives.

Have a good one!