• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Haggis Pinball Announces FATHOM REVISITED!

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
What am I missing!!!

I see an old game with no modern code, or dmd to have unique modes. I think I am bored in under an hour. Where is the excitement in spending so much for so little compared to a new Stern of JJP?

It does have modern code and the original code as well. The “dmd” for the modern code is the 2 screens on the apron.
For some people it’s a classic game they played when younger with a software upgrade and that you can buy brand new.
For others it’s an old game that existed before they were born with little appeal and they just don’t “get it”.
Doesn’t really matter! It’s either interesting to you or it’s not! No big deal...

Saltimbanco

May 24, 2020
National Capital Region
It actually looks great, vivid colors - I already was a big fan of the original art package. Great, fun game IMO, so if Haggis has created a 2 in 1 game, that's a bonus for me. I love the 2 DMDs in the apron, unique!

I see this has having the chance to own a classic, albeit revisited with modern components. As Mike said, it's either interesting or not.. myself, I really like the idea of a classic being brought back by a bunch of guys that obviously love those older games.

There's tons of reboots in the movies, some more successful than the originals, I say why not!

ZoomZoomBoomBoom

Mar 27, 2021
Barrie, ON
I had zero interest in it, until I played an original in pristine condition and WOW, what a great game! Looks simple and it is, but it's a great playfield design and quite fun (imo). I also got to try (for the first time) another 10+ modern Stern pins and a GnR CE. Oddly enough the GnR was the biggest disappointment and would be last on my list of everything I tried. My takeaway; Just because it looks amazing doesn't mean it is. And sometimes, simpler can be better...

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Doesn’t surprise me that we don’t have a Pinball manufacturing company in Canada when we can’t even manufacture vaccines!