• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Gottlieb Drop Targets not Registering

democratsorginize

Apr 27, 2022
Lehigh Valley PA
My Sinbad solid state machine, the second yellow and last purple drop targets do not score points when dropped. I checked the wire harness connections on the board and they are all good. All switch contacts are good. All switch matrix diodes are good. The machine was upgraded to new boards prior to my ownership, Ni-Wumpf MPU and Rottendog driver . Any known issues with new boards or anything else?

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Typically this issue is usually related to opened switch contacts, corroded contacts in the connector housing for switches connecting to the MPU, a bad switch matrix diode harness/wiring disconnected or incorrectly previously fixed, or a bad chip on the MPU.
Since you indicated you checked all that, and there is a new replacement MPU, I would check and confirm that the switches/option settings on the MPU are set correctly for the game. Hopefully this is not a hardware or software bug with the new MPU.

Good luck!

democratsorginize

Apr 27, 2022
Lehigh Valley PA
Thank you, I also received a response from David Humphrey yesterday via email, he designed the Ni-Wumpf MPU replacement board. He mentioned a possible coating of rewash may be the issue, told me to clean the tinning with an eraser and see if that corrects. He didn't mention checking the option switches were set correctly.