• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Got screwed on EHOH

mrxsiv

Nov 20, 2012
Maple, Ontario
www.sksfinancial.com
Jut thought I would let everyone know that the Elvira HOH Premium that was for sale here that sold right away was to me. After we agreed on the price we were making arrangements for me to come and get the pin. He was supposed to get back to me the next day. 3 days later said he was busy and since then, a week ago, he hasn’t responded to any of my text messages or messages on Pinrev.
so, heads up if any of you deal with this guy Dylan from Kitchener/Waterloo.
Too bad as I was really looking forward to getting this pin and the guy just ghosted me. He was new here on the site. Never have I ever jd this happen to me before.

curlyhoward

Sep 11, 2017
Toronto
Sorry to hear about that but, thanks for posting. Most of the members on here are decent people that just have a common passion for everything pinball. I guess that there are assholes on every website.

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
He probably posted it on other forums and kijiji and probably get a higher offer ... the market is stupid.. i am sure you will find another, keep your eyes open ....

mrxsiv

Nov 20, 2012
Maple, Ontario
www.sksfinancial.com
Thankfully, I didn’t give him a deposit. I offered it and he said not to worry about. He seemed like a decent guy, but also said he was new to pinball and this forum. Had a few friends try calling him and he wouldn’t answer anyone’s phone calls.

Flipper Ripper

Nov 16, 2020
Windsor
Sometimes life happens too. Family emergency, medical issue, had to go somewhere in a hurry to attend to work or family. Depression onset etc. I know it sucks for you as a buyer who was excited to get something, but at least he didn't take your money.

Steph

Mar 16, 2020
Ottawa
I’ve done deals with Dylan and I can tell you that he is a very honest guy and one of the good ones. We became pinball buds and kept in touch. I know he’s purchasing real estate out of the country and he is incredibly busy. If he said he’s busy that’s exactly it. If you’re not willing to give it time and wait till he’s ready you’ll have to look elsewhere. Not sure what else to tell you beyond that. Happens to all of us a times — life can get busy and bring surprises. Good luck wtih your deal.

Reactions: Mike Walsh

mrxsiv

Nov 20, 2012
Maple, Ontario
www.sksfinancial.com
I’ve done deals with Dylan and I can tell you that he is a very honest guy and one of the good ones. We became pinball buds and kept in touch. I know he’s purchasing real estate out of the country and he is incredibly busy. If he said he’s busy that’s exactly it. If you’re not willing to give it time and wait till he’s ready you’ll have to look elsewhere. Not sure what else to tell you beyond that. Happens to all of us a times — life can get busy and bring surprises. Good luck wtih your deal.
I would be fine with all of that, but he ghosted me. It shows a moon on my phone beside him in test messages, I assume I am blocked? People get busy, I can appreciate that. But come on, you can text a person back and say that you are busy now and will call in X days. Sent emails, phoned and sent text messages. A quick response to one of them would have been fine. No rush to get the game, just some common courtesy here.
He also said he was coming to Toronto last Sunday and could bring the pin here. Don't you think a call or a text would have been the very least to say that you cant make it?
Sorry, but if I was selling a pin to someone, I could somehow find 5 seconds to reply to a text message and say I can't talk now, but will be in touch soon.