• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Ghostbusters owners-anyone want an airball protector?

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Chris, as a quick side-bar, I own a GBLE and purchased/installed this air-ball-protector when it first came out. On my machine it made a huge difference, reducing the number of air balls off the left ramp targets by 90-95%. Definitely a necessity on this game.

I also added the Pinball Universe side rail plastic kit- this all but eliminated balls from popping over the outlanes. It comes with the Optional Floating Post mod as well.

Awesome game- my family's current favorite.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
I got this yesterday, and it seems to be a big improvement. I also picked up the Stern art blades for the game, and they look amazing. I was also impressed with the print quality on them-they're on a very heavy stock, almost a lenticular plastic material rather than a standard paper/vinyl. Seems like they'll hold up pretty well.

Also got the siderail plastics, but I'd already sort of fixed the ball hops by hammering the lane guides up a little. We'll see if this helps eliminate them for good though. The shorter drop target springs are also a big help-no more rejects off those targets.

Jeff K.

Jun 27, 2013
Toronto
Chris, I think you'll see a noticeable improvement with the left ramp air-ball plastic protector.
If you hammered up the lane guides, you may not need the side rail plastics.
I also installed the ZY Stern art blades- quality is impressive. Seem to be a thicker stock than other blades I've installed in the past.
I also added Cointakers led speaker LEDs with GB acrylics- very cool effect.
The last modification I added were small rubbers added on the outlane posts- this makes the outlanes a bit more forgiving and you can nudge a tad more for lane saves.
I'm still running 1.10 which on my pin has few glitches.