• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Garbled display

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
Any idea what would cause a garbled display on Gottlieb Spring Break pin?. My buddys is acting up. He brought the display, connector and mpu over. We swapped them out and no issues using my machine. He says it will sometimes clear up once the game is played for a while, but not always...game plays fine otherwise. Driver board??...Thanks !

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Any idea what would cause a garbled display on Gottlieb Spring Break pin?. My buddys is acting up. He brought the display, connector and mpu over. We swapped them out and no issues using my machine. He says it will sometimes clear up once the game is played for a while, but not always...game plays fine otherwise. Driver board??...Thanks !

Power/Driver board would be my next guess. Has he taken a reading when its garbled and when its clear?

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
No he has not...he just brought it over the other day and told me what was going on...I may have to go to his place and test. Thank you..

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Is the harness between the MPU (A1J2 ?) to display board (1A4J1) easily removable and this is the one your friend brought over along with his display board and MPU?
Often the issue with garbled displays are connector pins in these edge connectors...

If this has been checked, I would also measure the power supply voltages to ensure all smooth and as expected.