• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

[FOUND]: WTB IM or SM

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB
I know it's a long shot, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Would like to buy either a IM or SM, or even both if the price is right.

Thanks gang!

medvet

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa
Re: WTB IM or SM

Anything enticing to trade for a pristine HUO one owner IM? Might be tempted but would take the right game. Not interested in selling it tho.

ME

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB

Hi Medvet. I currently only have LOTRLE and TSPP in my collection. Wanting to expand at this point in time, but thanks so much for the offer!

medvet

Nov 28, 2012
Ottawa

No prob. I have owned both of those twice and sold twice :roll: . Not my cup of tea altho TSPP I enjoyed just not a rules kind of player. But good luck in your search. The new choices are great games! I love my IM and BSM.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com

ME what are you looking for? Maybe mwong can setup one of his magical 3way trades lol

I'd love to see Reg get a IM but it's a tough find.. only ~880 on the planet

Bigbossfan

Aug 22, 2013
Lincoln, NB

Thanks Brock. I had no idea that's all they made. Wonder why so few?? Guess Stern thought it was a title that wouldn't sell??

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto

REVOLUTION said:
ME what are you looking for? Maybe mwong can setup one of his magical 3way trades lol

Don't worry Brock, I'm going to take good care of Reg ;) Also Ironman must be a good game as I think this is the longest Brock has ever owned a pin except for maybe STTNG. This picture was taken in December 2011, my brother in-law came to his rescue when he bought it off Elliot and didn't bring any help to move the pin up.

6524263249_1ac8c87e16_b.jpg

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot

Bigbossfan said:
Thanks Brock. I had no idea that's all they made. Wonder why so few?? Guess Stern thought it was a title that wouldn't sell??

At the end of the day, that was all they COULD sell at that time. Things have changed a lot since then.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga

REVOLUTION said:
Bigbossfan said:

They were REALLY hurting financially at this point. That's my guess anyway.

Stern (and even Bally Willliams) built games as they were pre-ordered. Sure, they would set a minimum run, but if operators and private buyers were'nt placing orders on a title, it would get cut short. We saw the same happen just recently with XMEN.
In the case of IM (and even SM to a degree) initial opions on both games were not great. A few years later, people realized they were great games... or new code improved them, and production numbers (at least on IM) were already low... hence the lack of games out there to fill demand.
This has been a common theme in pinball. Rememeber when CV was being cleared out for $1800?

Other games, like LOTR, ACDC and maybe even ST, get produced to death because of initital demand. It all comes down to pre-orders and how many Stern 'thinks' they can sell. Distributors don't wanna get stuck with tons of inventory.