• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Flipper Button Light Up Kits from pinballleds.ca

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I've been lighting up my own flipper buttons on the cheap since 2013/14 because back then I refused to spend over $30usd+shipping per game from cointaker so I came up with my own DIY here:

Now almost a decade later Eddie from pinballleds.ca has come up with an ingenious design using his 3D printer and paired with his matrix lighting system comes this easy plug and play light up flipper button kit for $19.95cdn.

LED%20FLIPPER%20BUTTON.png

matrixledstrip3inch.png

The beauty of this design is it's all in one so you remove the stock flipper button including the nut and replace with the translucent button which threads into the light housing which acts as a nut to hold flipper button in place.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-15 at 11.09.53 AM (1).jpeg

Another nice thing about this design is it used a 3SMD led strip that slides into a round channel which goes around the flipper button inside so it is evenly lit and bright from the outside. For my old DIY lit flipper buttons I could only achieve this by using a dual flex head led or adding a second socket but with Eddie's it's very bright even with the room lights on as shown below.

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-15 at 11.09.53 AM.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2023-03-15 at 11.09.54 AM.jpeg

I believe Eddie could even do this in RGB or have it tied to a controller and app on your phone via bluetooth for other effects for a bit more otherwise I tie my lit flipper buttons to my start button so it flashes during attract mode and stays solid once you start a game. I am going to be upgrading all my games with this kit that can be found here:

Enjoy!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Nice and good thinking.
Not too expensive either.
Where does the LED strip connect to on the game?

The 3SMD strip that comes with it is same voltage as GI so plenty of spots to tap into game for power. You could get a matrix quick connect bulb and plug the strip inline with this:

Matrix555bulb2-500x500.jpg

There are also sells gator clips like these you can plug strip into as well:

Matrixconnectorclips-500x500.png

Here is also another neat and simple controller you can put inline that has a few simple lighting effects like constant on, slow fade in and out, fast fade in and out and I think there is also a seizure inducing mode too! I used this on my Elvira HOH 3D printed crypt front where I made the each skull's red eyes slow fade on and off.

MatrixController-500x500.png

The nice thing about this controller is it is stand alone and remembers the last setting used even after you cut power to it. I also use this on my DIY Godzilla and King Ghidorah topper too.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I want pics of the topper!
I will see if I can get a video uploaded but you can see GZ topper here in background. I was trying to show my friends my Rush Owl topper and maybe I will add some rotating Inukshuks in the future :p

PXL_20230211_225842423.jpgPXL_20230211_225645274.jpg

Reactions: Ponzie

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Looks fantastic and under $20.

Given how crappy our dollar is right now this is great at $19.95cdn and if you local or close by to Pickering you can schedule a pick up from pinballleds.ca and get a shop tour. Eddie has so much more product and mods that aren't even on his website yet but soon hopefully!

Reactions: IVPinball