• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SOLD Flash Gordon

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
1.JPG Straight out of the gate as the title says I'm selling my 1981 Bally Flash Gordon and I'm looking for $1400.
I'd much rather trade because putting a price is always complicated. I asked a good friend of mine who frequently buys/sells/trades pins and he did his calculations on pricing for me. He converted some information into Canadian dollars. These calculations are just basic averages and I believe its last update was for 2014. Again these are just numbers. The sources are Pinside and Mr. Pinball average pricing. He mentioned Pinside is a bit high and Mr. Pinball is a bit low and he mentioned that's his opinion. This does not include Boston Pinball historical data which is somewhere in the middle. The amount that came up was $1544.
This sample plays very strong and comes with a complete set of new rubbers. The pictures below have the old ones on because I'm still playing it. It also has new flipper bats, super bands, leg levelers and battery. The original MPU was rebuilt by Mindstorm88 over 2 years ago. All the plastics are in great condition without yellowing. Flash Gordon has an IPDB rating of 7.91 and #66 of 300. Pinside rating 7.483 and #132 of 200.
The playfield is an overlay and in great condition. It has beautiful vibrant colours. At first I was sceptical about overlays, but I find they react the same as playing on mylar and are easier to maintain. The GI is all incandescent. I tried leds but it really didn't look right at all. I placed one colour changer above Ming's head and thought that was a nice touch. I put some superbrites under the playfield to compensate for the overlay.
This backglass is an early run fabrication with clear glass in front of the strobe. Bally covered them over later down the line. The cabinet is solid with original paint. It has expected wear for a 35 year old machine. It comes with the original flyer and a copy of the manual. Pictures below show it all. Any more pictures available upon request.
Feel free to post or PM any questions. Trades considered. It can be delivered to Ottawa/Montreal for $100. I'm quite busy with work so timing is important. Ottawa is easier than Montreal, but I'll be in Montreal on the 23rd to go to North Star. :mrgreen:
Internet Pinball Database Link:
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=flash gordon&search=Search Database&searchtype=quick

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
I'd like to thank everyone who had interest in this pin. It's sold and gone to a good home. There were a lot of replies and in case I didn't get back to everyone thank you again.

Status
Not open for further replies.