• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Fixed-Bally end of ball not registering.

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
Still working on the Centaur from hell. I have loaded 4 balls into the trough, and 1 in the regular drain position. When powered up, once booted , it immediately kicks ball to shooter lane...I get the missing ball , flickering 0000s. If I activate the left most trough switch by hand through the coin door it will reset coils etc and go to attract mode...activate again , it will allow you to start a game..it seems to play normally, but when ball drains , it just kicks it back to trough...its not registering, and awarding points or changing players.Its not mpu or driver related..have swapped in different boards,including my test weebly ..no change...

Last edited:

sylvain

Apr 27, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I would remove all balls in the game and go to switch test, then see if any 'stuck'/shorted switch(es) are reported,
then activate each one manually by hand one at a time to see if/which switch row/column has an issue,
and compare with the manual/diagram.
Then I would focus around the problem area and check for wrong wiring, open, shorted or reversed diode, etc.
in the switch matrix circuit.

Best of luck!

Last edited:

slither

Mar 23, 2013
Portland, Ont.
So it turns out someone cut a wire for the end of trough switch, and wrapped it nearly around the harness and tucked it in ..???..also got a pic of the trough switches and they were wired wrong as well, as was the drain switch. Game now works and plays. Getting some random scoring, 20,000 when ball shoots to outlane , and 500 when flippers are activated ...have to look for switches....and adjust...