• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

FS DRAPL STORE - PINBALLLEDS.CA

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
I am having an Led issue with my whirlwind. I'm getting flickering from some bulbs. I have drapple in my roller games I've switched over to see if the same issue happens, and it does. Someone mentioned they had the same issue and used comet led and it solved the issue. how would yours be different than comet bulbs?

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
There are flicker free LEDs that work better for some games... https://pinballleds.ca/index.php?route=product/product&path=78&product_id=121 for example ... they have a capacitor in them so if the power is not consistent, it does not pulse of flicker ... same idea if you ever tried to upgrade your car lights to LED and run daytime running lights ... you need a cap. inline.
You aren't talking about NG led are you. The ones I have are NG but still flicker. Someone said Comet seems to be better?

Wizards Den

Apr 18, 2014
Whitby
pinballleds.ca
I am having an Led issue with my whirlwind. I'm getting flickering from some bulbs. I have drapple in my roller games I've switched over to see if the same issue happens, and it does. Someone mentioned they had the same issue and used comet led and it solved the issue. how would yours be different than comet bulbs?
If you ise flux bulbs they have resister in the bulb that prevents this from happening. Is it all the bulbs flickering or just a few in certain areas? Could be other issues but most bulbs will work in most games. Let me know.

Reactions: gunner007

gunner007

Jan 26, 2024
kingston Ontario
Not all bulb. But bulbs in different areas. Yes they have a resistor in them.
Interesting someone with the sames issue mentioned some of the same areas and Comet bulbs helped. That's why I wondered if there is a difference maybe in the resistors?

a.stebel

Jul 7, 2014
Barrie
Probably fixed a socket issue when he swapped bulbs.

Best thing is to note what bulbs are flickering and where there a located in the switch matrix. Might be an issue with a certain column or row of lights.

amona

Nov 19, 2012
Barrie
Any drapl coupon codes? I've got an order sitting in my checkout.
One to reduce shipping would be great $22 flat rate. ouch to kingston
I have that same question. I need about $14 worth of parts but would rather top the cart up past $100 to get free shipping - if that was still a thing