• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Cue Ball Wizard Issue

SH_B91

Sep 13, 2021
Bahrain
I'm having an issue with a recently purchased Gottlieb Cue Ball Wizard 1992, I'm very new to the Pinball Machine scene and I have very little knowledge about repairing them. As per my understanding from the previous owner its only issue was fuse replacement and it would work just fine. However upon further investigation I found one of the switches was burned on the driver board and I fixed it and replaced all fuses. Even had a technician to verify if everything was fine since I know little about repairing pinball machines and now I’m facing an issue where the pinball machine is not working. When I turn it on there are no lights flashing on the board, no sound and the ball doesn’t drop even though the display is working. Appreciate the help if you could tell me where to go from there.

RJW

Nov 16, 2012
Woolwich, ON
I have never owned a Gotllieb DMD so I can't help you there but, it's never "just a fuse". That line is literally a joke in the community.

The fuse blowing is a symptom of a larger problem, the fuse blows to protect the electronics from some other issue.

Replacing a fuse without correcting the root problem just means you will be replacing the fuse again in short order.

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
Retrace your steps. Whatever is wrong now is most likely your doing. Game worked 'somewhat', you did repairs, now game no longer works. You likely either made a mistake during the repairs or in reconnecting the boards or damaged something else.