• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Canadian Pinball Championship - July 5th and 6th

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Pinball players will converge in Toronto on Friday July 5th & Saturday July 6th, 2013 in the Community Room at Jubilee United for the 2013 Canadian Pinball Championships.

The venue is located at 40 Underhill Drive in Toronto, in the Don Mills & Lawrence area, just east of the Lawrence Avenue exit off the Don Valley Parkway(just minutes south of the DVP & Hwy 401).

The event will feature a variety of modern pinball machines plus classic pins from the ’60s, ’70s, and ’80s. With divisions for competitive, casual and youth players, there’s a tournament for every skill level. 100% of net proceeds will be given out as cash awards and trophies.

All-ages divisions:
A division for competitive players
B division for casual players
Kids’ division (12 & under)
Classics, played on solid-state and electromechanical pins from the ’60s, ’70s, and ’80s
Compete for trophies and cash!
100% of net proceeds returned as prizes
A and Classics divisions award World Pinball Points
Plans are in the works to have mini-games and raffles for additional cool prizes!

The Canadian Pinball Championships wants to donate a pinball machine to Sick Kids Hospital and you can help! On both days a side tournament will be held with proceeds going to the CPC/Sick Kids Pinball Project.

We aim to raise $5,000 to donate a new or fully-shopped pinball machine, and help keep the kids and their family entertained during their stay. Come and enjoy:

Mini-games
Raffles
Silent auction
Special items for sale
Can’t make it to the Championships? You can still help by donating online.

You can find our how to register for the event here:

http://cpc2013.topl.org/registration/

We look forward to seeing everyone on July 5th and 6th help us make this the best CPC ever!

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Awesome post Adam!
I hope I can attend. I will certainly donate to the worthy cause!

Thanks for posting it up!

Todd

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
*Bump*

Just a reminder for the Canadian Pinball Championships happening this weekend.
I know people are coming from GTA, Peterpatch, Montreal and hopefully from all over!

Heading over to setup tonight and contribute a game for the competition.
Will bring my kids back over tomorrow and Saturday to compete and enjoy!

Hopefully there will be some great fundraising done towards Sick Kids Hospital!

tim.sanderson

WARLOCK said:
Heading over to setup tonight and contribute a game for the competition.
Had a Pinball Revolution "a ha!" moment when I discovered the 'Scott' that was cleaning glass with me was in fact Warlock!
Great to meet you Scott, and hopefully I'll get to meet a few more of you tomorrow. (although I won't be getting there until after 7pm :()

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Great to meet you too Tim. Also great to put some faces to the names of some of the other volunteers setting up as well.

After the group all set up 17 of the 19? pins, Tim and I got to do a rough leveling job and cleaning of the glass on the
10 A/B Division pins. I am sure Adam will tweak them all properly for proper competition mode.

The Classic and Kids division pins will all look good as well, and I really like the quarter play pin idea too.

Good to meet Pete, Les, Mike, Cindy and of course see Barry, Brent, Adam and Denise again. (I hope I didn't forget anyone)

See you all tomorrow to compete with Brewmanager and several of our kids in tow!

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Ready to go!!

2013-07-04

2013-07-04

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Just wanted to say thanks to all who put effort into making this possible. I had a fantastic time, and so did my kid. The Hulk Smash! Photo mike took for me will be a profile picture for years to come - the mask and gloves were very slimming!!

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Fantastic tournament so far.

Thank you to everyone involved that made this happen.

My kids had such a great day yesterday, they asked me to bring them back again today.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I went back, tried my best to get into B playoffs but couldn't have a good game of acdc to save my life. oh well, next year! :)

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I saw Chris waiting to play ACDC.
He looked intense, driven, ready.

I wanted to go over and say hello.
I decided to give him his space to play.

I wish our kids could have all met each other though.
The timing seems to have been off for the Frolic's and ourselves tho.

A great day for the kids, and hopefully a few of the parents in the hunt for glory.

And it is all about some Pinball play baby!

Next year.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
ha, well, when I made the decision to go back today, it was playoffs or bust... and I busted ;-).

I may have had my game face on, but bar none the best thing about pinball for me is the people I've met. After cpc I went with a new pin acquaintance to help install a mod on his machine, and more pinball, so it's all good :). I'm a B division player, there for fun. So please say hi next time.

I brought my kids yesterday, they had fun. I tried to talk my oldest into coming back today to try and stay ranked, but he passed so that was that :).

From all accounts the cpc was a huge success so I look forward to it next year. Toronto may not have an expo but the cpc is good times.