• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP Best wax to use for Stern playfields?

MichaelQPinball

Jun 9, 2020
GTA
Need some advice for waxing my play fields... What do you use? And why? I appreciate it! :) For the enquiring minds... If you must know... I'm new and I'm trying! :confused::po_O:) hahaha Cheers ;)

MichaelQPinball

Jun 9, 2020
GTA
Any favourite instruction videos on how to wax a playfield? I feel my pinball education beginning.... Is this fear? excitement? that funky smelling gas station sushi? :oops:;):p

cuebert

Sep 7, 2018
Smithville
When i started out i watched and read mutiple things as I didnt want to do the wrong thing either. I pulled the common points out and the stuff that just logically sounded right and then went for it.

Fwiw, wipe the pf down, then use some novus 1 to lightly dampen a towel, rewipe pf and all plastics and basically everything to get the coil dust out.

I apply the wax with my fingers (only to PF!) let it sit a couple minutes then start rewiping it all down with new dry towels, usually a couple passes to get all the wax off and kind of polish it a bit. You can def feel the difference afterwards.

Make sure to clean any errant wax off posts and targets etc.