• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Anyone know about these slot machines?

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
My buddies friend got these 3 machines for free, they were days away from the dump and he thought it would be a good idea to try and fix them up, hopefully get one working.

Because I know a bit about pinball and arcade machines he came to me for help.

I spent a while looking online for ANYTHING about them and had no luck. Any info/help leading me in the right direction would be appreciated. I told him with out schematics it's doubtful that I can fix them, but I'd take a look at them.

The only identifying names are Coinmaster and Wiltron inc. - Google was of little help.

Would these even be considered slot machines? What would you call them, there's no pull arm like a classic slot machine.

image.jpeg image.jpeg

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
They are indeed UK style fruit machine slots ala Quebec. Amusements Wiltron Inc. was the likely distributor, I would imagine they were imported from elsewhere (there were a few countries producing and shipping these style to the UK and Commonwealth countries including the Caribbean).

I remember being offered one a decade or so ago from Montreal. The story I heard was that a boatload of them to put into bars in Quebec (illegally or a loophole or flying under the radar I think). At least that is how I remember the story.

I had a MayGay Monopoly at the time and drove out to look at one of the Super 7's - I "think" it partially worked, but I seem to remember walking away because a) the audio was the very earliest 80's technology and b) they would be nearly impossible to service as I couldn't locate the schematics.

Most likely they would need to be completely re-capped at this age, among other things (and sometimes slot and fruit machines have security circuitry that needs to be circumvented).

It's always a shame when early electronic gaming devices get trashed. They would be quite the project.

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
Also, Coinmaster Manufacturing Limited (and thereafter Coinmaster Gaming Products Limited) was a UK developer /manufacturer of early 80's electronics gaming devices like quiz machines and slot / fruit machines and I think manufactured gaming devices at least up to the early 2000's.

It's possible there was a schematic and a repair manual used to train slot repair techs, but I can tell you from my experience trying to obtain access to Bally Intellectual property for such restorations that it's not always easy. In those days, there were also people trying to defraud these machines and take advantage of their new technologies to cheat, so often the schematics and inner workings would have been purposely hard to obtain.

You're best bet is to shake the trees where old tech's haunt, possibly starting here: http://forums.delphiforums.com/n/ma...&nav=start&prettyurl=/slottech&gid=2046110705 "Slot Techs Forum" although they're mainly a US hangout for slot machine techs - but a very helpful crowd (I've repaired a couple slot machines with assistance from there).

Randy Fromm of http://www.slot-techs.com is a good guy if you approach him nicely, he may have some knowledge or a resource to pass on to you.

(I love and refurbish slots, mainly mechanical antiques, hence my desire to help.)

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Wow, great job connecting the dots for me.

I thought they might have been exported from Canada, and then reimported at some time.
image.jpeg

I knew that they were in Europe at some time in their life
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

These were probably seized by the Quebec police and resold at auction sometime.
image.jpeg

So do you think their unrepairable? I don't want to invest to much time if it's a lost cause.

Wow I think that SuperCobra might have been one of the ones I had....
I had two of them at one time, one was working the other not.
I gave them to my son, who in turn gave them to a buddy of his
and it looks like this might be the "non working" one.
I wonder what happened to the working one?.....Maybe it will
show up one day :)