• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Announcing Canada PinCon - Evolution

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
Remember the Hawkesbury Flea Fair? It is said that all good things come to an end. Not necessarily........sometimes they evolve.

With the support of our sponsors, through the assistance of the vendors, pinball related venues, operators and repair techs we are proud to announce the birth of Canada PinCon. Canada PinCon is a sensory packed 2 day event strategically located in Hawkesbury Ontario directly between Ottawa and Montreal.

With an estimated 100 pinball and video arcade games, we will be providing you the complete arcade gaming experience with so much more and everything is set on FREE PLAY!!! Just walk up and push START. Many of these games will also be for sale or trade. bring a game and get the VIP Exhibitor Package. Thanks to over 20 sponsors and affiliates there's a lot more content than just a full weekend of hardcore arcade action.

June 3 - 4, 2017
Robert Hartley Sports Complex
425 Cartier Blvd,
Hawksebury, ON
K6M 1V9

Attachments

• Canada Pincon_LOGO.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 16

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
There will be all the freeplay gaming you can swallow!!!

•Have a try on GOLIATH our 24' tall video arcade machine
•Test your skills in the Canadian National Pinball Open (CNPO) IFPA sanctioned tournament with over $2500 in prizes to be won!
•Leave your mark at the video arcade competition
•Find your treasures in the Hawkesbury Flea Fair. Its the everything arcade, game console and gameroom related flea market. Tables are and will always remain free to individuals unloading their fodder.
•Win exhibitor and door prizes
•Drool over the awesome signature dishes from the 3 vendors in our food court
•Rock on with the live band Saturday night
•Sit in on pinball related seminars
•Watch live video streaming on one of the big screens of selected machines in action.
•Get absorbed into the FX lighting, sound and retro music throughout the complex.
•There will also be a bouncy castle, face painting and balloons between the playground and skatepark outside of the complex.

We have a lot more, but I think you have the idea.

There is also a good chance (not completely solid) on there being:

•A Beau's Brewery tour shuttle bus between the complex and their brewery for a guided tour. They have an amazing gift shop and a fantastic patio with food and a variety of their beers.
•North Star's pinball van parked right in the middle of the arena floor on display

A lot of you who know me know I love women's roller derby. I've spoken to a few of my friends in the WFTDA and will be inviting them to float around the complex on skates during the event. They'll be offered free table space to sell their gear and raise awareness to their awesome sport.

We might also place a call and invite the Space Channel's flagship show Innerspace. Obviously they're awesome and cover everything Canadian film, television, video games, technology, comic books, gadgets and convention related. It would only make sense they come.

The Canada PinCon website is near completion but will only come online 3 months before the event. This thread is a soft announcement to make sure you guys scratch the first weekend in June off next year on your calendars. Canada PinCon is held in the spring as to not interfere with The Ottawa Pinball and Gameroom Show. Josh came down a couple months back, toured the facility and sees the potential of a great event. Now we have 2 Canadian pinball conventions comfortably spaced apart right in our own backyards. We're putting Canada on the map.

You have plenty of time to arrange transportation for your machines. Exhibitors will receive a full weekend VIP pass with early admission, a band pass and a special edition Canada PinCon T-Shirt which will be different than that the general public can purchase. When sponsor negotiations are complete the full content of the exhibitor package will be announced.

That's enough babble for now. ;)

MrMunho

Sep 11, 2016
Oshawa Canada
Please do keep us posted! I've already told the wife and started the savings. I WILL be getting my first pin here!

Sent from my SM-G850W using Tapatalk

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
Please do keep us posted! I've already told the wife and started the savings. I WILL be getting my first pin here!

If you don't get your first pin sooner there will definitely be a lot of pinball, arcade machines and gaming consoles for sale. It's the perfect time for all of us from all of the Canadian forums to get together whereas normally time and distance hold us from seeing each other. I find I often spend more time socializing (beer) than playing the games.

This same post is running on Maaca and CGCC. If individuals like us don't hold conventions then conventions never happen. The only thing I can promise is that it's going to be a great time.

MrMunho

Sep 11, 2016
Oshawa Canada
If you don't get your first pin sooner there will definitely be a lot of pinball, arcade machines and gaming consoles for sale. It's the perfect time for all of us from all of the Canadian forums to get together whereas normally time and distance hold us from seeing each other. I find I often spend more time socializing (beer) than playing the games.

This same post is running on Maaca and CGCC. If individuals like us don't hold conventions then conventions never happen. The only thing I can promise is that it's going to be a great time.
Can't agree with you more! It's yhe communities responsibility to create these for themselves and thank you and your team for putting this together! Won't be getting one before this as its the perfect goal in mind for saving up. I figure 2kish should be enough to get me an older ss and a project ss...maybe. New to pins and it seems they are much harder to find deals for as everyone is looking in the same places. I'm already super hyped up for this and it's months away!! Damn you (I really mean thank you) for letting us know so early!!

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
Everything is a go!

Everybody is coming except for maybe you and your grandmother. Nice motel rates as low as $90. I can't figure out how to post the poster samples on the forum from my damn cell phone. I'm a pinball guy not a computerologist.

The ad is up on Toronto Kijiji

Facebook - canadapincon
www.canadapincon.com

Reactions: kvoxx

Coitusmysterioso

Jan 13, 2017
Shelburne, Ontario
$_27.JPG

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
We're coming up on a month away from this epic event. There's been a lot of bumps and modifications but everything is going along perfectly. If you have any questions, ask them here.

Canada PinCon Timeframe

I could start setting up the arena as of Wednesday May 31st. If for any reason anyone would like to bring any of your gear or machines as early as this contact me and we'll make arrangements. If you don't have my cell phone number, request it by PM.

Ideally, I would like to see as many pinball machines flowing through the door on the Friday evening for ideas on quantity and placement. We will remain on site until whatever hours necessary to locate and set you up. If you're bringing your machines Saturday morning keep in mind the doors open at 9 AM.

Canada PinCon will end Sunday evening at 6:00. Understandably, people driving long-distances are welcomed to take their machines out a "little" earlier. We are trying to run a pinball convention so it would be nice to try and keep the event established until then.

We are nowhere near the size of the United States but we have a large strong pinball community. It takes you and your machines to make an event like this happen. My preliminary numbers are showing a decent amount of machines but please bring more. Let's make this happen and happen big and next year it will only be better. Our data will be shared with the Ottawa Pinball Show to improve the quality and enjoyment of our pinball show experience in Canada.

Hours of Operation

Saturday 9:00am - 11:00pm
Sunday 9:00am - 6:00pm

Sanctioned Tournament $1500
The Canadian National Pinball Open - CNPO

Canada Pincon invites both the professional and the amateur player to show off their silver-ball skills in our IFPA sanctioned pinball tournament. There will be $1500 in total prize money up for grabs in this exciting 2-day event. Saturday will be the open and unlimited qualifying starting at 12:00pm and ending at 6:00pm. Five dollars gets you one play on four of the eight machines in the tournament. Buying more plays will allow you to improve your ranking, either by bettering your score on the 4 machines already played, or by trying out one of the other machines. Your best four scores will be tallied to decide the seeding for Sunday’s final. The tournament final on Sunday will begin at 11:00am, and will be a head to head match, best two out of three games, with a TBA amount of players. We keep playing until we get down to the crowning of the big winner. Will it be you?

Motel Stephanie's is a nice place and starting to fill up. $90 a night with a warm breakfast in the restaurant. $110 jacuzzi room. It's not Toronto pricing. The Quality Inn Hawkesbury is very nice and $125 a night. Both are under five minutes drive and never traffic. Free RV parking downtown on the island.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
You should promote this show on Pinside, etc. They have an events section and you can start a thread so people can advertise pinballs they are bringing for sale.

chris silver

Oct 30, 2013
Hawkesbury, On.
You should promote this show on Pinside, etc. They have an events section and you can start a thread so people can advertise pinballs they are bringing for sale.
I've been trying to get the time to do it. Almost did it this morning but I should have it done this evening. Thanks for the reminder. :)