• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Aerosmith LE intermittent power issue

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
Alright I don't even know where to start with this one:

I currently have 3 newer Stern spike 2 games on route and a superchexx bubble hockey.

Everything is set-up with Global smart plugs so I can remotely switch the machines on and off. The smart plugs are all on the same circuit. The plugs are rated for 15 amps each. 4 smart plugs in total. The machines switch off and switch on with a timer I control from my phone on an app. I currently have all the machines switch-on 15 seconds apart to avoid power spikes.

The trouble is that the smart plug tied to Aerosmith continually shuts down after 3-4 hours. You can play the game hard and the plug is just fine. I have now tried 3 different smart plugs and all have issues with Aerosmith. There is no problem with any other game and they are all on the same circuit.

What the hell?! The game powers up fine. It also plays just fine. I have never had a switch-off or reset in the middle of a game. Why does this machine seem to overload the smart plug? Could it be a laseriffic topper causing the issue? Could this be a grounding issue? I also notice the previous owner removed the coin door interlock switch. I doubt this matters, but spitt balling incase something clicks.

I normally pretty good fixing machines, but I don't really know were to start with this as everything works well when I check it out and it is intermittent.

Penny for your thoughts.

PS if you are checking out the Canada games at Brock University, swing by Isaacs and play the machines. All are on Stern connected and you would help support a guy that was dumb enough to think being an operator was good idea. LOL!

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
New thought - Could the fan have gone on the power supply? Would that cause an overheat fault on the power supply kicking the plugs off? It's a $200 guess and I don't want to be wrong. Let me know your thoughts.

good_buddy83

Dec 19, 2012
Beamsville
New thought - Could the fan have gone on the power supply? Would that cause an overheat fault on the power supply kicking the plugs off? It's a $200 guess and I don't want to be wrong. Let me know your thoughts.
I'm confident power supply. New one ordered. Wish me luck.

pinballjah

Jan 25, 2017
Toronto
Think the real question is why do you have an LE on route haha.

Have you tried switching out the smart plug for a new one? I had issues with my Elvis resetting when on a smart plug or connected to the same outlet with other games. Works fine when plugged in directly with no smart plug.