• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

A very usefull mod I made to my TZ.....

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
..... 9 connectors at the wires that relate my PF to the rest of the game, what's the use , you might say? well, lots of advantages, to name a few, I'll be clearcoating the cabinet soon, so I can now "easilly" remove the PF from the cabinet, second, if I want to remove the PF to work on it, easy, unplug the 9 connectors and out it goes in less than 5 minutes, third: If I ever move, which could easilly be the case since I'm in an appartement, I can remove the playfield to make the game lighter to transport, that's a very good thing since I'm not geting younger and my arthritus is'nt getting better either.
There were 102 wires, so, 204 wires needed to be soldered, took me about an hour for each connector, so, 9 connectors= 9 hours of work but is was really worth it. I'm Very happy that I don't have to bother with unplugging all of the connectors from the boards anymore to CC my cabinet, I did'nt want to...... but on the other hand, how could I CC my cabinet with such a heavy game and NOT do any damage to it????

Last edited:

MrMikeman

Nov 25, 2019
Ottawa
But you have also just added 204 potential points of failure to your game. Connectors can and do fail(bad connection on pins).

Reactions: koji

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
But you have also just added 204 potential points of failure to your game. Connectors can and do fail(bad connection on pins).
Well if that happens, I'll know where it comes from, right Mike? ;)
I thought about that before deciding to do the mod but usually connectors don't fail in the first years but after many years of use, so I decided it was worth it........

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
Nothing failed yet...... :)
I think I'll be bumping this thread with the same sentence for many years to come. ;)