• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Zidware announces "ALICE IN WONDERLAND"!

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Charles Lutwidge Dodgeson (Lewis Carroll) brought forth "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland" in the Christmas of 1865, as a masterpeice of story telling, allegory, social comment and amazing visual ryhme. The beautiful linework of illustrator John Tenniel majestically transformed the words to an almost lifelike realm being published close after A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens in England.

"A Limited Collector's Edition Pinball will be Made Available"

The "Alice In Wonderland Pinball™",will be a completely handdrawn, custom pinball game created under the watchful hand of designer John A. Popadiuk, Jr. Inspired by the writings of Lewis Carroll, the wood cut illustration magic of "Punch's own" cartoonist John Tenniel and the magnificent early magnetic work of Physicist Hans Christian Oersted. The Queen of Hearts will also bear witness, demanding a pinch of Lothar Meggendorfer mixed in too, for mechanical whimsy, wizardry and saucy fun.

Check it out!

http://www.pinballinventor.org/games/wo ... index.html

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
Wow. Looks like they at least have an idea of what the finished product will be. More complete then the Dutch pin TBL already. I don't know the names of these pinball legends (other then popadiuk) but seems like they will get this done.

Another old license coming back to life in a new pinball game.

Their feature list has a couple things that jumped out to me, like the art work.

- Full size 1990s arcade-style pinball machine footprint
- Handrawn and inked playfield, backglass, cabinet artwork
- Ground-up new pinball game design and cabinet styling
- Stainless steel brackets, ballguides, hinges and trim
- Metal coin door with dual rejectors, lock and lighting
- Hardwood maple plywood cabinet construction (no mdf)
- Narrow body standard playfield size (21" x 46")
- Metal legs and levelers (custom legs are planned)
- 2 flipper basic player control (maybe 3 if it flows)
- New Patented "edgy" cabinet design built especially
- Free flowing organic ramp designs and metallic levels
- Beautiful Hand Painted / Illustrated Cabinet Artwork
- Custom 64-125 RGB Programmable Light Pixel System
- Planned lower level "Rabbit Hole" Mystery Playfield
- Brilliant Cointaker Premium LED Bulbs / Flashers
- 18" color LCD flat screen PIXELPLAY™ display
- Full size 27" x 24" - 10 color backglass panel
- Chrome ball plunger shooter assembly & Springs
- Beautiful 10+ color silk-screened playfield artwork
- Heavy Stainless Steel Cabinet Trim, Hinges and Decor
- Cabinet LED Light Effects and Illuminated Emblems
- NEW Titanium Hard Coat™ on the playfield
- New Hardware System with Full Capacity Drivers
- Traditional GI Light System with LED bulbs and Sockets
- 6 color silkscreened playfield plastics for brilliant color
- Truss Light Stage Design (Patent Pending)
- 120v-60hz Operation (220v-50hz please inquire)
- 5 Speaker "ZSound" 100W custom pinball sound system
- Aggressive Made-In-Usa Purchasing Selection
- Approximate Weight is 275 Pounds.
Professionally Built Shipping Carton and Packing
- Invisible INK Artwork and Designed Items
1 Million Drawn Lines of Ink - Our Endevour
- Standard Chrome Steel 1-1/16" Pinballs
- Much more!! Check out the featuregrams soon!

dos.reboot

Nov 19, 2012
Windsor. ON.
Looks interesting. Love the conceptual art. Want a ST-p, but now have to really think about it. Tougher decision is which pin will leave.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Re: Zidware announces "ALICE IN WONDERLAND"!

I was looking forward to a slick Centaur-esque black and white art package due to the website colour theme (or lack thereof) but the feature list boasts that there will be lots of colour on the playfield.

Quite the tie-in for JPop...having had a hand in building that Alice machine that resided at the Church of the Silver Ball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Golden Graham said:
Have they even made MG or RAZA yet? The game could be great, but finish what's on your plate first; no?

No, they haven't. :(

I'm on RAZA and was really expecting to at least see Magic Girl debut before Alice got released.
In any case, this is a very long term project if John's other games are any indication.
I don't think anyone should be putting off buying a ST or any other game this year as a result of this announcement.

I know this is a theme near and dear to JPOPs heart, so you can bet it'll be amazing when done.

Unless he's announcing a super limited run, I'll be happy to wait and see.

dos.reboot

Nov 19, 2012
Windsor. ON.
Re: Zidware announces

spiroagnew said:
I was looking forward to a slick Centaur-esque black and white art package due to the website colour theme (or lack thereof) but the feature list boasts that there will be lots of colour on the playfield.

Was thinking the same thing.

If he uses colour sparingly in some key spots that could be equally cool. In any case, I hope the art stays true to the concept and doesn't end up looking like a slick comic book.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
As a RAZA buyer I'm not thrilled that he's taking money and orders on game 3 when the first 2 aren't completed, and from what we know aren't even close with no completion date even on the table. At least Jersey Jack had WOZ prototypes out there when the Hobbit offer came up.

I would have rathered he work on Alice on his own, finish the other games, then take orders for Alice which would still be a year or 2 down the road.

The other big variable that's been a concern of every MG/RAZA buyer I've spoken with and the thing we've seen next to nothing about is the software/rules of his games. A million brush strokes of art is great, but I want a great playing game, not a piece of modern art that sits in the corner.

I'm going to ride it out with my RAZA, but I'm going to have to see some real solid prototypes at the least until I commit to another jpop project.

dos.reboot

Nov 19, 2012
Windsor. ON.
Ack, I thought raza was somewhat close to completion but the disclosure agreement prevented buyers from saying anything.

Seems like everytime a boutique announces one pin, the others try to one-up them with their own announcment. Or maybe it's just coincidence.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
The NDA we signed doesn't prevent owners from discussing completion to the best of my knowledge.
RAZA is JPOPs 2nd game and no, it's not near completion.
We've seen snippets of whitewoods, nearly complete cabinets and various drawings and test mechanisms.
If have to assume late 2014 would be the earliest we'll see anything near final.

Magic Girl is his first design with his new company. Something like 19 units... and even that doesn't seem to be near finished yet. At least that's the rumour. I'm not a buyer on MG.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
So do we know what the final price will be? $1895 deposit, but nothing beyond that.

Definitely sounds like an interesting theme/design, and he definitely has an aesthetic that he's going for. Probably not my favourite visualization of Alice in Wonderland (I think the Ralph Steadman version is pretty neat), but definitely the classic. Of course, this says nothing about how the game will actually play, and that's a lot to drop on potential (again, especially when Magic Girl hasn't shipped yet). I'm really looking forward to trying one of these games though, and hopefully once they're out there they turn out to be great. I'd just like to be able to see a complete product, play the game, and then decide if I want to own it.