• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Xpin, Pinscore or PinLED?

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
Looking to upgrade a classic Bally (7 digit).

I was hoping to get them in green but it seems these aren't available anymore.

What is the best option to go for these days with options and the currency rate exchange?

There is also PinTech but they are a DIY solution which is what I am not looking for at the moment.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I went PinTech. Nice kit... haven't done all my boards yet. One is work well the other is lighting up more segments than it should, I can only assume it is user error at this point. Those old board have their traces pull up quite easily for the inexperienced desolderers... like me :).

Pinball Exchange had XPin in stock last time I was there, they may save you on some shipping costs but that savings may get clawed back in taxes if you shipped from the states and didn't get dinged. There is also http://www.wolffpactech.com/ who offer orange/red/blue or assembled.

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
I just got a notification from the x-pin site today I think that they were back in stock - tried to find it in my deleted items but cant seem to find it for you

My Whirlwind came with Pin Sore displays so I ordered the Pin score displays for my new high speed I absolutely love them.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I like xpin.

They won't sell dedicated colours anymore. You buy white and they come with coloured gels.

Dino Z.

Apr 3, 2015
Pickering
www.cdnpin2dmd.ca
I have Xpins for my Firepower. They are really nice and were easy to install. I ended up with orange ones rather than white but it would have been interesting to be able to change the colour for Firepower. Nitro Amusements out of BC sells them. They seem to be showing orange, red and white in stock for Bally 7 digit displays.