• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Wow! has the market dried up !!!

SUPERBEE

Feb 19, 2014
Newmarket On
Im really trying to find another pin but man the pickins are slim nowadays !! It seems for the last year or so its been really hard (harder than before) to find any decent deals on mid ranged pins like system 11's to b list dmds. Even beat EMs are going for a upwards of a grand for petes sake. I really need all you hoarders and restores to stop it ! and share the love !! lol

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Define "decent deals"?
Every other thread on this forum is a FS/FT posting. I think there's a ton available right now. Traditionally most pin deals happen off line so I'm amazed at how many postings show up here in a regular basis.

Now, if you're looking to find things for sale below market vakue, that's another matter.
Supply and demand are just not gonna let that happen very much anymore.

Reactions: Honey Badger

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I myself like to switch up my lineup from time to time.
Currently I just can't see that in the near future.
I just don't:
1) want to have to price at current market levels to get something I feel is of equal value.
2) sit on a pile of cash waiting for something desirable to become available.
Now that I have 2 dmd multi mode machines I really don't want to step backwards.
I could always get an EM project and start the long road of B title flipppery. But even that is a pain.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
I really need all you hoarders and restores to stop it ! and share the love !! lol

Alright everyone. Stop buying games. This instant! This guy wants a "deal".

Much of the original post rubs me the wrong way. If you are trying to build a collection on chasing ambulances on Kijiji, it's going to be a long process and a losing battle. All of my "deals", and, *gasp*, free project games to this point, have come as the result of face-to-face interactions with those in the community...get out an meet as many pinheads as you can. You'd be surprised the "deals" you'll find that ain't going to be found on kijiji.

Sure the market is a bit wacky now...but declaring the market has "dried up" because you can't find a $1000 Earthshaker is kind of misleading.

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I believe the first post was done in jest, with a touch of seriousness.

I just scearched all of Ontario on kijiji for "pinball" adds and if you include PBRev adds also, there is less then 45 machines for sale in the province available to to the general public. Of these possible 45 games how many are duplicate adds, and how many are are priced a grand more then they should be. On top of that there's a dozen or more adds of people wanting a pin.

From an outsiders perspective whom doesn't go to league nights, I'd say the market has dried up. It wasn't to long ago that a search of adds would easily find 200 or 300 titles available. But that's not the current situation.

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
If "the market" is some middle-aged man with a pinball machine in his dusty basement he wants gone for $350, then maybe it's a little weak...but "the market" isn't just Kijiji. Too often people think that "deals" can only be had from unwitting sellers; sometimes you are better off buying pinhead-to-pinhead. Less surprises and hassle for a few bucks more. Sure there are sharks...but they are on Kijiji, too.

eh97ac said it best in the kijiji thread:

"Lots of deals to be had.....just have to work the crowd. Get out and shake some hands, kiss some babies, own a new pin."

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I know the OP pretty well, and his post was dripping in sarchasm... unless you know him I can see how this might be taken the wrong way.

D

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
"Hard to find deals" is not the same as an ambulance chasing steal of a good deal. I think the original post was referring to reasonable priced games that are available to buy by anyone. Currently there are very few reasonably priced games available on kijij or on this site.

I would also argue that closed door sales between friends are not games that are in "the market". those are two very different things, so proposing that there are deals to be had for the general public is unrealistic.

Sure, I could culture some new relationships into a deal that is done behind closed doors for a fair price, but for someone off the street looking for a game today, there are very few games to be had.

Reactions: kevin the 1984 kid

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Doesn't seem like I was talking about people "off the street" here. I thought we were talking about people who owned games and wanted more games. I think we call them collectors? That's what we are here, no?

For those "off the street", in the past two weeks on PBRev alone we've had a sub-$1000 EM, a $1000 early solid state game, and a $3200 newer DMD Stern. All fair-ish asking prices, if you ask me, and a nice smattering of games from all eras.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

SUPERBEE

Feb 19, 2014
Newmarket On
lright everyone. Stop buying games. This instant! This guy wants a "deal".

Much of the original post rubs me the wrong way.

Wow, tough crowd, lol I think you have seriously misinterpreted me. It was just supposed to be a light hearted comment made in jest.
Sorry i rubbed you the wrong way .
Heading to the cottage for the weekend with the family now. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving weekend. :)

Reactions: scylla

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
I helped put together a deal last month for an 8 week old Met Pro with cliffys for $6500. It was home use only and non of this low plays SB showroom use only non sense.
Clearly that's an unwarranted jab at me. In fact, quite classless.

Nicely done.