• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Working on a G High Hand

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
A friend of my brother-in-law has a High Hand that I took a look at on the weekend.
WOW, it sure isn't my old Bally Wizard but I figured how different can a Gottleib EM be...
Anyways, I open up the machine and right away I spot some plastic coated wire spliced in at the back on one of the harnesses. Well that's not original. Then I take a look at what is currently working, the playfield lights up and the far side drain lanes at the bottom are working. Of course when you activate them it actually activates the centre playfield outhole and it looks as it does something else near the top of the playfield. I don't recall my wizard doing that...
Looks to be a nightmare. I do like that all the coils have pins holding them in so it's easy to get in and clean.
I'm gonna start with the fuse holder (swap out) and see how it progresses from there. Nothing like tacking down miles of wire.
Just wish the manual was a little more in depth and more step by step process....