• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TIP What's a cftbl worth?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
$6K

This game has a few potentially high dollar mods too. If it has an LCD hologram, lit speaker panel and so on you might be looking at more

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I don't think you'll find a nice shadow or wh20 for much less than that these days either.

CFTBL has a slightly more appealing theme than those other two... but, if you ask me, it's 3rd in terms of gameplay and overall rules. Actually, I think the shadow theme is pretty cool too. Just gotta swap out that original translite.

goodmanners

Jun 17, 2014
Mississauga
I paid 4800 for my CftBL in 2014 and remember thinking that was an ok but not great deal as it had some issues (cracked ramp and bowl, etc).
Now I see them for 6k USD. So if you find one for 6K CAD I would buy it.

I think it is limited in gameplay but is a cool theme as Drano said.

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
He wants to trade me his CFTBL + cash for my MINT MET PRO fully led'd plus some mods and color dmd. I dont really want to give up my MET though. What do you think my MET PRO would be worth roughly?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Depending on the condition of the CFTBL and any upgrades, sounds like it may be pretty close to a fair deal

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
From what I understand (just reading others posts, no experience) I think you'll regret the trade eventually.
Everyone has a preference, and it's totally personal. I wouldn't trade my met for a cftbl, but it's only opinion.

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 19

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
$6K

This game has a few potentially high dollar mods too. If it has an LCD hologram, lit speaker panel and so on you might be looking at more

This sounds about right and I paid $4800 for mine back in Nov 2014 and added the MikeD LCD hologram mod. Be careful because just like WH20 repro parts for creech such as ramps and plastics can add up very fast. Also check the ball drop on the in lanes especially the right one because it takes a beating. Mine were pretty beat and I had Drano help me make some decals to go over top of the worn wood and put mylar to protect them.

15745172070_6671db281a_c.jpg

15746706777_06c629dfe3_c.jpg

I'm kicking myself because early on I passed on a few very nice ones back in 2011-2013 for $3000-3200. I know Creech can be a very polarizing game and people either love it or hate. When I looked at pictures of it on ipdb it looked very clustered sorta like Indiana Jones which is a game I am not a fan of. But after playing budfan's Creech a few years back I feel in love with it right away and had to have one. I should have known because I typically enjoy most of Trudeau's games. The theme does nothing for me but I don't mind it because it helps create a very campy atmosphere.

Contrary to meegis above, I can't see myself parting with my Creech for a Metallica but then again most who know me will probably know that I wouldn't part a Bally/Williams for a Stern either :p

I would advise you go spend some more time playing Creech before you make any sort of trade with your Metallica. The good news is you can still find another nice Metallica down the road should you have any sort of regrets.

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
Ok so he may want my Dracula and cash (since my Metallica is not going anywhere for now) but I just got my Dracula....finally...and from what I have played of both games I think Dracula may be a better game. Thoughts? Also what is the value of an average Drac. LED'd, no mods.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Damn.. if I had a CFTBL I'd do a deal for your BSD :)
I think BSD is going to run substantially lower than creech though. Like maybe $1.5K-$2K less? Just taking a stab

goodmanners

Jun 17, 2014
Mississauga
I have seen BSD for sale that are 2500-3000.
But Dracula seems to be in high demand at the moment. Everyone seems to want one.
Creech is popular but doesn't seem to be the same as BSD. I think lol