• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What would this machine be worth?

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
plus when someone says working when it comes to a pinball machine I don't believe them seems there is always something that needs fixing!!

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
"Worth it" is going to be completely subjective to you. $300 for a working game in this hobby isn't much. I would personally rather put the money towards something else I would enjoy more. If you will enjoy it and play it then why not right?

Reactions: VA3AVP

websherpa

Feb 10, 2013
Waterdown, ON
It used to be that a collector would pick up just about anything at a good price, fix and then re-sell or trade it in order to go "up the ladder" to more desirable games. The collectors that desire EMs however dwindles every year and so does the demand and selling price. ZSO what brad808 says in terms of saving money towards something you'd rather have is very good advice IMHO (take it from one who has a few "dead woods" sitting in their basement).

That being said, you've stated a different purpose which is admirable and an EM will always find a welcome home in a larger collection as it helps preserve the history (and has an entirely different style of play, sounds, rhythm etc.). I find that my "new to pinball" guest almost always gravitate towards EMs as a starting point AND EMs are especially fun to play with others of similar skill (or others of better skill on newer games - they are almost always challenged).

I've always found "spinner" game EMs to be fun (put a tiny bit of Super Lube in the wire loop for "wild" spins). I've never tried this particular one. Read the IPBD reviews, for what they're worth they usually come from EM fans, but in the end $300 is a small price to pay to ride (and I'll bet others here - maybe even I - would buy it off you for same if you didn't like it).

OneFlip

Nov 30, 2016
Toronto
Its obviously a subjective and personal choice whether sombody thinks a game is worth it. It depends on what purpose it is going to serve in your collection? is it your only game? your first game ? Do you others over to play your collection? Do you have non-pinheads over to play ?

From a "investment" point of view a working em in decent shape from mid-late 70's will usually always be worth $300. It gets you playing for the cost of a ramp or a backglass and you'll always find someone to take it off your hands for $300 when your ready to get rid of it.

A nice em can look cool in a game roll for the vintage-retro vibe; but if its a tatterted old game sandwiched between two newer machines it could look like a piece of junk waiting for garbage day to come around.

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Its obviously a subjective and personal choice whether sombody thinks a game is worth it. It depends on what purpose it is going to serve in your collection? is it your only game? your first game ? Do you others over to play your collection? Do you have non-pinheads over to play ?

From a "investment" point of view a working em in decent shape from mid-late 70's will usually always be worth $300. It gets you playing for the cost of a ramp or a backglass and you'll always find someone to take it off your hands for $300 when your ready to get rid of it.

A nice em can look cool in a game roll for the vintage-retro vibe; but if its a tatterted old game sandwiched between two newer machines it could look like a piece of junk waiting for garbage day to come around.

70's EM always worth $300? Really? EM prices have gone up just like SS and DMD's. 5 years ago you could pick up an EM between $300-600, nowadays youre looking $600-1200.

Like Menace said a working EM for $300 is a no brainer.

VA3AVP

Dec 22, 2013
BelleRiver
ok thanks guys I will think about everything you have all mentioned I am not into buying and selling for huge profits anytime I have ever sold the couple arcade games I had I always just asked for what I had into it.
Lot of coin going into the new Highspeed rite now so might hold off until after Christmas the game is just down the road from me and seems its not going anywhere. Nobody is lining up at the door to buy it!
I just said good bye to a really nice Sega Outrun did not even have to list it word of mouth it was sold in 4 hours same day . Oh well makes room for another pinball one day :) but I better finish the highspeed and be good for awhile .

Happy Holidays guys (politically correct so as not to offend any of you) :)

OneFlip

Nov 30, 2016
Toronto
70's EM always worth $300? Really? EM prices have gone up just like SS and DMD's. 5 years ago you could pick up an EM between $300-600, nowadays youre looking $600-1200.

Like Menace said a working EM for $300 is a no brainer.

Yeah, sorry this wasnt clear.
Always worth 300 as in at least 300, not meaning only worth 300. Generally speaking if someone asked me is a game worth xxx dollars, replying yes would mean its worth that or more.

Reactions: Slam_Tilt

Slam_Tilt

Nov 20, 2012
Brampton
Yeah, sorry this wasnt clear.
Always worth 300 as in at least 300, not meaning only worth 300. Generally speaking if someone asked me is a game worth xxx dollars, replying yes would mean its worth that or more.

Re-read post and yeah more my mistake than yours. It was pretty clear. Probably just read through it to fast.