• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

What Do You Do? Promote Yourself!

ThunderStorm

Jan 2, 2013
Waterloo
Well.

First off im a bell technician for the past 12 years. I do phone internet and fibe tv installs and repairs. So if you have questions im more then happy to help if I can.

Also for the past 21 years I've owned a dj amusement and production company. We do weddings corporate schools private parties you name it.

We also rent out popcorn. Cotton candy. Slushy machines. Soft serve ice cream and cold shot machines.

We also rent out pinball and arcade machines for events and im a wanna be operator with a few machines out in the field.

And im also a father to an amazing 4 year old daughter.

Here's my companies website.

http://www.thunderstormpro.com

Eric.

Fifty

Apr 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
spiroagnew said:
FiftyQuid said:
I also worked part-time with the City as a Zamboni attendant (yes, I was a Zamboni driver).

Did you drive an actual Zamboni brand ice resurfacer or was it an Olympia?
Both. I did not have a permanent rink that I worked at. I started off on Zamboni and then moved to Olympia. Olympia's were cheaper, but more reliable to work with so the City slowly converted over and sold off most of the Zamboni's to High School's.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Neat thread-I knew what some of you guys did already, but it's interesting to see the variety. Proof that pinball is universal!

Anyway, I'm the Chief Software Architect for ComputerTalk-we're in the Unified Communications and Contact Center space. I lead a team of 10 developers now (in a company of about 70 total), and I do all of the high level design/architecture and prototyping for the company's products, as well as some of the day-to-day development (although not as much these days). We make a full UC Contact center product that's similar to stuff from Genesys, Cisco, Avaya, and Nortel, but with a much smaller team. If anyone here is actually looking for a job, we're always looking for more software engineers (primarily C++, C#, and JS these days).

Or, as I explain to my kids, I tell the monkeys that live in the computers what to do (I once explained that computer memory is like a bunch of monkeys that are either awake or asleep. Sometimes the monkeys get angry and start throwing poop at each other, and that's when your computer crashes).

CJBob

Nov 24, 2014
Mississauga
I don't want to sell anything, buy anything, or process anything as a career. I don't want to sell anything bought or processed, or buy anything sold or processed, or process anything sold, bought, or processed, or repair anything sold, bought, or processed. You know, as a career, I don't want to do that.

in2pin

Dec 11, 2014
Georgetown, ON
I am in the Car Wash business , been doing it since 1990 first in Stouffville and now currently in Bradford , my place is on Yonge St #11 Highway in Bradford near the Go station and is called Palm Springs Car Wash , If you come by and mention your a Pinball Revolution member I will give you a free car wash ! Mike
Mike

How many times a week can I drop by for a free wash? :p

Dave

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
yeah the car is a fun toy , like a big go-cart , been in the car wash bus since 1990 , first in stouffville now in Bradford , fun business but you got to know how to fix stuff , electrical , plumbing , mechanical , computers and deal with customers when they loose a looney or twooney in the spray wash.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I'd be in on that too.
Well then Walt, here we go bro.
Kevin and I will figure it out next week.

FYI: Walt and I have been friends almost 24 years? Something like that. We text almost every day.
We see each other quite regularly, our friendship is 21 years longer than our "pinball adventures" and yet I just learned something new from this thread that I did not know. Piano's, who knew? Small world.

Reactions: kvoxx

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Well then Walt, here we go bro.
Kevin and I will figure it out next week.

FYI: Walt and I have been friends almost 24 years? Something like that. We text almost every day.
We see each other quite regularly, our friendship is 21 years longer than our "pinball adventures" and yet I just learned something new from this thread that I did not know. Piano's, who knew? Small world.

Because whenever you're here, we hang in the basement, garage, kitchen or deck. Piano is in the living room. Don't feel bad - I never go there either.

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Because whenever you're here, we hang in the basement, garage, kitchen or deck. Piano is in the living room. Don't feel bad - I never go there either.

Lol ya unfortunately pianos are always down at the bottom of the list of things to do and they can get neglected. but I'm happy to service it!