• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Variac??

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
Hey guys.
Just wondered if there was a solution to a minor issue I have with my AFMrLE.
After 10 games or so, my SOL coil will no longer eject the ball to my left flipper, instead it will shoot SDTM or “trickle” to the right flipper. It does this at least have the time but only after continual play.
As far as I know, I have never had an issue with any pins before, nor have I overloaded the outlet the machine is on.
It happens when it is the only game turned on in the house.

What might a solution be?

Thanks.

Golden Graham

Nov 19, 2012
Essex, Ontario
Screws are fine (installed my Cliffy).
Like I say, game works fine until 10 games in. Then begins the shitty ejects. If I leave and play another game, wait a while, it goes back to normal. It’s almost like it gets tired or something??

atariaction

Dec 1, 2012
London, ON
stores.ebay.com
It almost sounds like your coil is heating up with use and expanding a little and causing the plunger to not run smoothly through the coil sleeve which would be odd on a newer machine. You could remove the coil and see if the coil sleeve is still moving in and out of the coil nice and easily without resistance. If there is a lot of resistance or you have a hard time removing the coil sleeve than your coil is starting to go bad.

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
reminds me of 'softening' flipper coil issues that used to exist on games like LOTR.

You can always try swapping a coil to test