• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Ultimate TAF Mod!

Pinhead

Jun 19, 2013
Ottawa
That would be the worst mod ever. Why would you need all these distractions from the game play???

I got into pinball because it was fun to play, has that all gone down the tubes???

Pinball is a game, a form of entertainment with your friends, why would you want to put a TV in the backbox? Wow!!

To each their own I guess, but wow! :FP:

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
After playing WOZ I have to agree with some, that having a big-ass screen on top of my pinball game does very little for me.
It may be cool, but adds little for me.

Let's remember that the translite was a means of attracting players and had nothing to do with game play. I don't see the function of something liek this in a home environment?

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
The LCD screen does little for me during game play because I barely have enough time to look up at the DMD as is.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
mwong168 said:
The LCD screen does little for me during game play because I barely have enough time to look up at the DMD as is.

This is very true...
Although I think that looks great, hard to justify that expense and lose the original artwork on the translite

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I'm two sided on this.

During attract mode, this could be cool, really draw a player over. It looks neat, adds a modern twist to a classic. But at home, unless I'm having a party my machines are off.

During gameplay I look at the playfield. New casual players look at the ball and miss what's going on with the DMD, let alone a huge tv right there. It could really add a new depth to the game through an interactive video game mode, but I'm playing pinball not an arcade. I really think to use it in a game (during gameplay) would detract from the pinball game and ruin the flow.

If you are forced to stop and watch a video every couple seconds then it would suck. But if its done tastefully and not used as a gimmick, then it could be an improvement