• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Twisted Pins - Taxi Spin-Out Ramp Repro Samples Are In

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
tp-logo.png

For those who aren't on pinside, Twisted Pins announced over a week ago on pinside that it is going to be entering the ramp reproduction market.

Twisted Pins is expanding our vacuum-formed business with some key relationships to release a lot of new ramps and cover any gaps on existing ramps … please let us know the ramps you need! We have entered into a joint venture with a ramp tool manufacturer and will be working on many new exciting ramp projects. In addition we have an agreement with Planetary Pinball to provide decals and original blueprints to insure ramps are made to original spec. We have already produced the Wh2O/FT topper domes, Doctor Who Time Expander cover and have many more items on the way. We also are currently producing the Taxi spinout ramp and are expecting final samples within the next week before moving forward with production. Below are a few pictures of the injection mold for the Taxi spinout ramp while being cut on the CNC machine.

We want to focus on providing the ramps that haven't been done before and also rapidly speed up the # of ramps/year, as well if there are any gaps we can also tool any of the common ramps if they become difficult to find or unavailable with a short lead time due to our partnering with a tooling supplier.

We want to keep an active list of key ramps that are important for you and look forward to helping bring more product to the pinball community!!!

Twisted Pins

227046-i.jpg

227049-i.jpg

We finally got the samples in this afternoon of the Taxi Spin-Out ramp. We are very pleased that to report that the wait is now over for all Taxi owners who need to replaced their cracked and busted up ramp. Here are a few pics of the 3 samples that they sent me and a short video with one I bolted in to verify that everything bolted up correctly. Take note in the video the ball was plunged with the plunger only at about half way and note how many rotations it makes. This new ramp makes a world of difference!

So when are these going to be available?? Now that I will sign off on the mold they will fit it into their workload. So we are hoping to have them available for sale in 3-4 weeks. Pricing is still being worked on right now.

Also I will have the samples in our booth at PAGG next week for anybody wanting to check them out in person.

230562-i.jpg

230563-i.jpg

230564-i.jpg

230565-i.jpg

230566-i.jpg

230567-i.jpg

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-5Jze5_VW4M[/youtube]

link: http://www.twistedpins.com

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Well at least this time around they are being smart before taking people's money and to wait for actual samples. This way they can show pics and even a video of it in action. It's always a good thing whenever someone is willing to step up to reproduce ramp unobtanium since Pinball Inc is retiring from the ramp repro business.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/ ... en-a-blast

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I'll be happier once they start making quality product.

Don't get me wrong, I wish them every success, more repro parts is always good, but after the Wh20 debacle, they have to get something quality out on the market or their dead.

Didn't know about Pinball Inc, that sux, hopefully someone else picks up the mantle and keeps making ramps.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Twisted Pins just posted this update on pinside:

Now you will have two choices for your ramp You can go with the original production version or the prototype blue version. According to the original print Williams intended for them to be blue but then at some point before production it was changed to red. I set the blue ramp into my machine and it looked right at home!

241877-i.jpg

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Update 7/10

We are just about done gluing in the metal strips that sit in the spin out bowl. There was lots of trial and error to come up with an efficient method to hold the strips in place long enough for the glue to bond with the contour of the bowl. Finally we had some plugs made which helped speed the process up!

Look for an announcement on Monday as to what day next week they will go on sale!

258077-i.png

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Taxi ramps will go on sale on Wed 7/16 at 12:00PM EST. We are offering a introductory pricing of $129.99 and that includes the Spin-Out ramp and the Spin-Out Retainer. The pricing is the same for either the red or blue set. The introductory pricing is good till 8/15 when the price will go to $149.99.

The ramps are only available as a set at this time. We are offering the Spin-Out Retainer in red only for $29.99 for anybody who has a good original red ramp but needs the retainer only.

The ramps can be purchased directly off our website. They will be on the homepage on Wednesday morning.

259809-i.jpg

259812-i.jpg

259813-i.jpg