• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Twilight Zone Diverter Magnet Mod

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Just wanted to give a quick tip to anyone who hasn't done the diverter magnet mod yet on TZ (as detailed here: http://pinballpro.net/shop/twilight-zone-diverter-magnet-tz-dm/)

400Diverter.jpg

I stopped by Canadian Tire and picked this up for $5:
http://www.canadiantire.ca/AST/brow...RD~0586808P/All-Purpose+Magnets.jsp?locale=en

Used some scotch doublesided foam tape and works like a charm!! No bounce back from right ramp!

I even have an extra if anyone needs it since they came in a pack of 2.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
Isn't there a concern for the actual power of the magnet to hold the ball in place but still allow it to release or will any of these magnets work as well as the retail mod option that was "specifically designed" for this?

jooky

Nov 18, 2012
Mississauga, ON
The crappy tire one works great! Its a strong magnet - sucks the ball in even if its screaming up the right ramp. But not too strong so when the diverter dumps the ball, the weight of the ball is still greater than the magnetic pull and you get a nice clean dump to the left orbit. Plus the shape of the magnet is this perfect rectangular shape that fits inside the diverter and doesn't detract from the original look too much.

If you don't find one in the meantime I can bring my extra to the next topl night if you need.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Vengeance said:
Doug at a TOPL night, :lol:

Yep, I've only been out to one TOPL night to socialize (didn't even play one game). Even if I felt like attending I couldn't as I have my kids Monday nights. (and every weeknight)

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Menace said:
Yep, I've only been out to one TOPL night to socialize (didn't even play one game). Even if I felt like attending I couldn't as I have my kids Monday nights. (and every weeknight)
D

Lies, I don't remember that.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
LOL. Yeah, not sure if I saw you @ that one... It was out at the church 2 years ago as I had just imported my R32 from Chicago. That was the first time I met Shaun.

D

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
That makes sense, I stopped going to the church for league events, it was frustrating trying to compete on broken machines.