• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

TOPL - Brawl For All - Oct 20th

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
movingpictures said:
Would have liked to make the trip, but can't justify a 12 hour drive for a $10 tournament.

But then again ... mo money, mo problems .. right?

I will get bigger once my extension if built, when I can support more people I'll raise the entry fee.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
This is about pinball play baby!!!

Expo was great. I bet this event will be awesome.
Family day today for me at home.

I hope everyone enjoy's it.
Thanks Adam for hosting.

I do wish I was able to attend.

All the very best.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I unfortunately will not be able to make it. Stubbed my toe yesterday badly and am hobbling around in pain. Spending a day on my feet sounds like torture. Looking forward to hearing how the new format goes, I think it will be a success.

superjackpot

Nov 19, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Adam! Great job with today's tournament. You and your wife are terrific hosts. I enjoyed playing this format and had fun despite my early exit.

I'm curious to know some of the parameters of this new tournament software. For example, are the pairings totally random or are there checks and balances to keep you from playing the same person twice, and/or the same game twice. How much flexibility do you have?

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
Indeed, had a great time. The pinball, chance to chat and the food were all excellent.

I'm sorry I had to leave before the beans had a chance to work, though.

Thanks guys!!!

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
The new format did a great job of keeping things moving, and having the machine selection done automatically also meant no searching around for people you didn't know. Just go to the machine and odds are the other person waiting there will be your opponent :)

Big thanks to Adam and Denise for hosting. It's a lot of work to have that many people in your house for that long.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Thanks to everyone who attend the first annual (bi-annual?) Brawl for All!

We had 36 attendees for the event and I think it was a huge success. Everyone seemed to really enjoy the fast pace of the tournament, and within 5 hours every single player got to play 16 matches on 16 different machines against 16 different people.

Going forward TOPL will be switching it’s playoffs to this format, so TOPL members can look forward to playing this format in the future.

In the A Division after 16 rounds there was a 6 way tie for 4 spots between:

Adam Becker
Phil Brinbaum
Les Kowal
Ciaran Bernard
Sean Oneil
Charles Blaquiere

After a 1 game tie break on Twilight Zone the finalists were:

Adam
Phil
Sean
Charles

Are hard fought 5 and 6th place for Les and Ciaran, Ciaran being one of the youngest participants and going 11-5 throughout the tournament.

In the end of the final 3 games the winners in the A Division who split a $360 prize pool were:

Phil
Adam
Sean
Charles

Congrats to our winners

In the B division, first and foremost we have to thank our sponsors for providing the prizes that we gave away.

$50 from PinballLife provided by Brock at Pinball Customs: http://www.pinballcustoms.com/
Sets of the NEW Super-Bands from JCS Pinball, available for sale from Marco Pinball - http://www.jcspinball.com/Pinball-Super-Bands.html
Bags of parts from Cineplex-Starburst the place for all your Canadian Pinball needs! - http://www.theplaydiumstore.com/

Our winners from the B division were:

Terry
Jim
John S
Mike B

Thanks again to all of our participants and sponsors for a great event, I look forward to doing this again in the future!

Full results will be on the IFPA website in the coming weeks!

Attachments

• AWin.jpg
    AWin.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 320
  • Bwin.jpg
    Bwin.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 320

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
Had a blast at this event. The format was great and allowed for lots of pinball in a short period of time. Looking forward to future events like this. Thanks you Adam and Denise for being such wonderful hosts and making the afternoon extremely enjoyable.