• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

The 10 Best Musician-Based Pinball Tables

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
pinball1ipd.jpg

link: http://blogs.houstonpress.com/rocks/201 ... inball.php

g-man

Nov 19, 2012
Brampton / Caledon
The article pulls me in with the introduction ~ where he implies that the top 10 list is based upon art more than game play or sales ~ but I still disagree with a few of his choices. Especially surprising to me, is Dolly Parton at #3. It appears Jef has a fondness for the more "classic" artwork, but I don't think Dolly should have eclipsed the likes of Tommy or even Nugent. Actually, Nugent had some pretty good artwork even though it is a dog to play, IMO.

And where oh where is Capt. Fantastic ? Are you kidding me ?

The Bootles/Beatles pin at #9 made me chuckle. When I was 10 or so, I had a friend who was making commercials. I guess with the money it was bringing in, his parents bought him a pinball machine ( only kid I knew who ever had his own machine ), and it was, The Bootles. Every time I went over, I wanted to play it, but he was really niggardly about it and would never let anyone play it for long. Always hated that.

Anyway, Jef will have to reconfigure his list in a couple of years when Stern comes to their senses and releases a Led Zeppelin pin.