• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Tech help needed in my home

SUPERBEE

Feb 19, 2014
Newmarket On
Hi all.
Does anyone know where i can find a good pinball tech that is near me ? I live in Aurora ont.
Need a few things done to my F14 Tomcat.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
That is what we are all here for.

Doug is the very best. (In this region - we all know this!)
Admin, and mentor (repair guru) to a couple of us here.

All the very best!

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
You could probably get a few pointers from Menace's apprentice brewmanager who is also an expert on what not to do on an F14 :p

Look no further and get in touch with Menace (Doug). What is wrong or do you need done?

SUPERBEE

Feb 19, 2014
Newmarket On
Thanks guys, I sent doug a pm this morning. i have a weird problem . The master volume on the sound board is at about a quarter volume and if i try to turn it up any more than that the machine starts resetting itself suring play. Keep it at around quarter volume or lower and there it doesnt. I have pinball pro speakers in it and want to balance all the volumes (on the sound board, in the cabinet and on the cabinet speaker but cant because of this issue. The bass speaker in the cab is also pretty muddy sounding and i think it has something to do with this. I also two playfield flasher lamps that cut in and out. Im pretty sure they are on the same circuit. I think its something loose because when i hit the flipper it makes them cut in and out. Also need to replace the upper flipper coils. They work fine but they are too powerful ,getting airballs everywhere , and i realized that a previous owner has installed the same coils as the lower flippers which is not correct. the uppers need a weaker coil

SUPERBEE

Feb 19, 2014
Newmarket On
My PM to Doug has been sitting in my outbox for quite a while and doesnt seem to want to go out. Is that normal ? does it take a while ?

SUPERBEE

Feb 19, 2014
Newmarket On
oh ok ! Thanks
I think i figured out the flash lamp issue. I have a broken resister lead on the flash driver board. Going to try soldering it and see what happens . :)

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
SUPERBEE said:
My PM to Doug has been sitting in my outbox for quite a while and doesnt seem to want to go out. Is that normal ? does it take a while ?

Doug was at Sexapalooza yesterday with his girlfriend, let's all hope he is ok and reads your PM soon :lol:

pulp_fiction_gimp.jpg

SUPERBEE

Feb 19, 2014
Newmarket On
By the way, if anyone near me needs help with any decal installs on their pins, thats what i do for a living. A few photos of what i do below.

Attachments

• DSC02001.JPG
    DSC02001.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 211
  • DSC02001.JPG
    DSC02001.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 210
  • HPIM7542.JPG
    HPIM7542.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 211
  • DSC00711.JPG
    DSC00711.JPG
    134.4 KB · Views: 210

meegis

Mar 18, 2013
Woodbridge
SUPERBEE said:
By the way, if anyone near me needs help with any decal installs on their pins, thats what i do for a living. A few photos of what i do below.
Do you make the decals? Or just install? Might need some help with something...

SUPERBEE

Feb 19, 2014
Newmarket On
I own a custom graphics installation company. We dont print, just install. I can get certain things made for me as favors from some of the shops i deal with but get one offs designed and printed can be tough as i deal with mostly large format print shops. But if you need say some colored vinyl , or frosting etc, (anything that doesnt need creative setup) im sure i can help. If you need decals installed and are not too far from me i wouldnt mind helping you out.