• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Swapmeet Sept 16th at the Church of the Silver Ball!

Mike Hanley

Apr 9, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
It's Back!
The Church of the Silver Ball's 2nd annual Swapmeet!

Saturday Sept 16th 10am till 6pm
At the Church of the Silver Ball
Unit 14 - 245 Matheson Blvd East, Mississauga, L4Z 32C9

We had a blast last year so lets do it again!
If you have machines or parts to sell, fill your car/van/truck and bring them to the Church. We block off the parking area and give you a spot or two to setup your stuff. Bring your own tables/chairs. No charge to attend!
I'll have cashboxes, playfields, plastics, new and used parts, back glasses, translites and god knows what else i dig up.
16 games on free play
Several yet to be determined project games
A Space Invaders video game
Coke machine (no keys needs refrigerant)
Neon signs/clocks
Player One (formally Starburst and Cineplex) will have new games to check out!
Come hang out with the Pinball Community
If you want space let me know asap.
thechurchofthesilverball@hotmail.com
www.thechurchofthesilverball.com
or text 6476327587
Come flip out at the Church!

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Last year I got some recessed center dollies (to move machines around with the legs attached.
Plus a few arcade markee wall hangers for some decor.
Would be nice if there were a few different demos running during the day.
Would be nice to see how to deep clean a playfield or how others apply and buff their wax.
Not to say I am doing it wrong but I am sure there are easier ways.

I found last year was a bust (for me). But nothing that couldn't be improved on.

This year have the staff in a uniform coloured shirt or better yet a Church t-shirt
I had no idea who to bring inquires to.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
When you are looking at items but don't know who to ask there's a problem.
I am not interrupting every conversation to try to figure out who is staff.
I will just take my money elsewhere.

fantasygoat

Apr 19, 2015
Toronto, ON
What "staff"? This is Mike literally opening his front door and inviting people to have a garage sale in his parking lot.

Picked up some good parts last year, but sadly I have a toddler's birthday party that day.

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
When you are looking at items but don't know who to ask there's a problem.
I am not interrupting every conversation to try to figure out who is staff.
I will just take my money elsewhere.
Look my post was meant in fun , not to offend anyone , Just ask for Mike Hanely and now you will know the boss . I guess you did not see the smiley winking face

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Last year I didn't know who to ask about stuff inside. So I spent my money outside.
If I do end up going I will be keeping an eye out to see if things that were broke (like the busted spinner in Spiderman) last year have been addressed.
I guess I was expecting machines to be more kept up like the ones at VFW.
Sure wish there were some rules for the mini pool table. I had to basically guess. Could be just the game for a room that's too small for a full sized table. (can honestly say VFW doesn't have one but they did have 2 of the large bowling machines the wife loved but who has that kinda room).

Rockin

Jan 19, 2016
Caledon ON
I just asked someone, and got pointed in the direction of Mike, who I hadn't met before. Ended up having a nice 20 minute or so chat about pinball, and picked up a few parts at great prices. Looking forward to this year.

singlezero

Jul 10, 2014
Orillia ontario
went last year and didn't spend much. however it is always nice to hook up with a few that I have met and had good dealings with. unfortunately I don't think I can make the Ottawa show so this is a good substitute.
im debating on bringing some project machines (ems) and probably make a decision sometime next week. I do have an extra Williams Ten Spot I wouldn't mind doing a trade + - cash for another 60s Williams game or possible woodrail.(im sure it isn't on everyones top 5 list)
just curious too , I cant remember if there was power to the outside vendors for machines

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Have: bag of plastics from Wizard! (the leftovers from when I got a set on ebay. Big 5000 cover one is cracked for sure) pm me and I will bring.

Want: Alien Poker parts: black rubber kit, superbands, drop targets, could use some spare coils, etc (currently out of Williams spare parts).
My tech may be in the market for a empty cab (ground up homebuild).

Always in the market for more arcade markees for the wall. Prefer some art on them to tell a story. (I should have picked up smash tv last year).

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I could also use a nos test car for Nascar. (mine is starting to look a bit worn).
Could use a few leds for stern spotlights.

GUARD

Sep 17, 2016
Guelph
*asked this on MAACA also, thought I was here*

A question. I have my Sinbad and Star Trip loaded in my van as I was supposed to take them to TOPEC today to drop them off for some work. Now, whether I like it or not, they will be in the van still on Sat. as no one showed up at their shop in Hamilton.
So the question is, does anyone ever set up a diagnostic/repair area at these things? Would save those pesky house calls.......