• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SuperBands now available at STARBURST

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
I'd like to see how others feel about them. There's one thread on pinside where a guy removed them from nascar because the left scoop would kick the ball at the flipper and it would bounce back into the same scoop. But it didn't do that with normal (red) bands.

If these eliminate the rudder dust that get all over, them I'm in.

I hear they make the ball easier to cradle, but I'm not a pro player so don't know how it will affect me

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
if they were exactly like rubber, but lasted longer, I'd like them more. But they fundamentally change the game. I guess it can be debated if you like the change or not. I won't be swapping my rubbers out, not that they need to anyways.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
The way I see it, they're kinda unnecessary.. the old rubbers work just fine. Having coloured rings on the rest of the PF might be fun though, but the rubber needs to be proven first.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Not a fan, they change the gameplay to much and are just weird to play on.

Played them on my ironman and on wh20 at Chris's place last night.

Not a fan at all, regular rubber feels better and plays better, these new bands are just odd.

they you factor in the cost, $.55 for a regular flipper rubber to $2 per for the new stuff and it becomes a no brainer.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I've played with these on my friend Elliot's XM and METPro and they do feel a bit odd at first but not hard to get use to after a few games. Personally I won't be switching any of my games and I've only had to change flipper rubbers once or twice? At $0.50/each who cares even if it is once a year and peanuts if you think about how much your actual game is worth until PP remakes it :p

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Luckydogg420 said:
There's one thread on pinside where a guy removed them from nascar because the left scoop would kick the ball at the flipper and it would bounce back into the same scoop. But it didn't do that with normal (red) bands.

Nascar with Regular Rubber
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qxglasqawNc[/youtube]

Nascar with Super Bands
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHSpWScpYbk&feature=player_detailpage[/youtube]

Luckydogg420

May 12, 2013
Kitchener
So there's just flipper rubbers?

It might be cool to have different colours for playfield rubber rings, and shouldn't affect the game as much

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
Yeah, not sure if I'll keep them on whitewater or not. Mike had some samples, and I had the glass off whitewater anyway, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Big question for me is how it handles drop catches out of the lost mine scoop, and I didn't notice a huge difference, but I only played one game that night.