• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Special When Lit (2008)

thewebexpert

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Almonte, Ontario
Special When Lit rediscovers the lure of a lost pop icon - pinball. This award winning documentary joins the fans, collectors, designers and champion players from across the globe who share the story of a phenomenon that once swept the world.

It is on Hulu for those with proxy/dns usa setups...

spiroagnew

Staff member
Dec 1, 2012
Scotch Block, ON
www.creditdotpinball.com
Worth a watch. I saw this one back-to-back on the same evening with Tilt...so I get the two confused. Made the same mistake with Above the Law and Marked for Death back in the 90s. Now they are the same movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pharoah007

Nov 17, 2012
Ottawa
spiroagnew said:
Worth a watch. I saw this one back-to-back on the same evening with Tilt...so I get the two confused. Made the same mistake with Above the Law and Marked for Death back in the 90s. Now they are the same movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like Tilt more.

They are both good tho.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
I didn't like Special When Lit. I found it unmemorable.

Tilt was great. The audio commentary had some amazing insight into the workings of Williams in the last year of pinball production and their goals for P2K.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I didn't like it. A good chunk of the movie is just watching socially awkward people say weird things. Don't get me wrong it had some really interesting parts in it, but I'm glad I didn't watch it with my girlfriend in the room or I'd never get laid.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
brad808 said:
I'm glad I didn't watch it with my girlfriend in the room or I'd never get laid.

134269.jpg

This guy probably gets laid every day of the week :)

I didn't mind Special When Lit but I found Tilt much more interesting.

Monkeybug

Nov 14, 2012
Stouffville, ON
If this is the one I am thinking of, it is probably the most interesting documentary on pinball that has been made. It discusses a lot of the older history of the game starting in Europe during the 19th Century and follows the evolution of the game/features up until the DMD era. The documentary was done around the mid 90's so it shows the resurgence in pinball at that time.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o0mZZlmWvY[/youtube]

Apparently there is an updated version now available at http://www.historyofpinballdvd.com/.

Pharoah007

Nov 17, 2012
Ottawa
mwong168 said:
brad808 said:
I'm glad I didn't watch it with my girlfriend in the room or I'd never get laid.

134269.jpg

This guy probably gets laid every day of the week :)

I didn't mind Special When Lit but I found Tilt much more interesting.
\

OH YEAH...hes a PIMP 4 sho!