• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

SHOOTER ARCADE GAME REVIEWS

Mike Walsh

Aug 12, 2017
C.B.S. , Newfoundland
Hey, I’m thinking of adding a shooter game to the games room.
I would really like to hear some suggestions/advice. What are your favourites and why?
Maybe you have one for sale or you could suggest where I should look! Which ones are more reliable?
I would really like to hear what you have to say!
Thanks Mike

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Big Buck Hunter is my pick to get right now. Its fun and addicting gameplay doesn't get old like regular shooters that are the same sequence everytime. Only issue is its harder for children to play if thats a factor due to the pumping action of the shotgun. Time crisis and house of the dead follow next on the list.

Mike Walsh

Aug 12, 2017
C.B.S. , Newfoundland
Thanks Kvoxx,
I do have our two grandsons who love the game room age 7 and 3. So that is important to keep in mind.
There is a T2 I can get for around $1600 + shipping. I don’t know if that is good or not. Looks to be in good shape! Any issues with shipping video games?
Thanks Mike

kvoxx

Dec 2, 2014
Toronto
Never was a fan of T2 and other spray and pray games. I like the single shot games to get accuracy. I see a couple arcade shooters up for sale in Toronto. Ninja Assault being one of them and is fun. I wouldn't expecting shipping to be any different then pinball machines as far as shipping issues go though I've never done it. Good luck on the hunt.

Chris Bardon

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga, ON
T2 is in the same lineage as games like Operation Wolf, which I'm pretty sure are just disguised joysticks instead of actual light guns. Nothing wrong with that, and it actually might make them more reliable in the long run. As for gun games though, here's a few that I've always enjoyed:

-Area 51: Probably just because we had one in the bar when I was in University, and I ended up getting really good at it. Probably aged horribly though.
-Point Blank (also known as Gun Bullet): A collection of gun minigames, that I played a bunch of on the Playstation port (although there were multiple arcade revisions)
-Time Crisis: Fun games (especially with the guns that have working recoil), but these are absolutely huge.

There are also newer games (like Jurassic Park and Transformers) that are bigger environmental games that you might be able to get used off route. These are the kind of things you used to be able to find at the SB auctions back in the day.