• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Shipping To The United States

Honey Badger

Nov 20, 2012
Ottawa
I have a pin that a US buyer really wants and was wondering if I was to pallet and ship it to him what the procedure is ( do I have to pay any taxes etc..?). Has anyone ever done this?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
I'm doing it right now, no taxes, wrap it in cardboard and shrink wrap, if they guy is really insistent on making it safe build a box around it after wrapping it up in cardboard.

Use ratchet straps, and strap it down on a skid.

Depending on the shipping company, you can do that when you drop the machine off as the game is much harder to move on a skid.

You will not have to pay taxes, you'll only have to pay the shipping cost.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I just shipped Asteroid Annie south to the US.

Buyer arranged shipping, pickup and all paperwork. (So I can't advise on that part) The purchaser needs to comply with state laws when importing, so every state is different. Like Adam said, no taxes, just shipping cost on your end.

Wrap on a pallet, built a wood wall on 3 of 4 sides, (athough this may be a bit extreme re:walls) blanket it, cardboard and wrap the head to protect the bg (SS machine) and shrink wrap pin in blanket or material and load strap it down. Use 2 load straps in an x-pattern over pin to pallet. It is worth the $20 to secure the pin with these.

Then hope for the best knowing you wrapped it as well as you could.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Forward Air is your best bet from Canada to USA. Only issue is you need to drop the game off ready to go on a pallet to their depot and the customer has to pick the game up from the depot on the other end, only after taking all the paperwork to a customs office for clearing.

I sold Chris Hutchins a game years ago and used Forward Air without any issues on my end. (Chris had to run around for the customs thing on his end as he'd never received an international shipment via FA before)

D