• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Shipping Classes??? what a pain...

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I am currently looking at a machine in Wisconsin. The seller is trying to help with shipping arrangements and I have sent out a few requests to shipping companies for quotes. (they sure take their time responding)
I would really like to use the online tool to figure out the costs but I keep getting asked about the 'Class' of my item (anywhere between 50-500).
The seller will wrap and skid the machine so I am using a standard skid size 48" X 40" and rounding up the height of 74.5" to 80" to include the skid and any packing. weight of 300 Lbs. Density would then be 3.38. Value of item: $950 USD
I have been to a few different sites but I don't really want to pay to find out the 'class' number of my item if I can simply get the class info from someone who has already shipped from the US.
I want to weigh the costs of shipping to a local hub over driving the 2 hours each way to the border in a borrowed truck/van.

Next time I am going to have to buy a SUV and eat the poor gas mileage just to lug machines around.

Thanks for any help
Brad

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Re: Shipping ClassesjQuery18209519891489420712_1404998819868

Or get a car with a hitch and rent a trailer for $20 / day to lug games around.

Wish I could help with the Class issue... Have you tried getting a quote from Forward Air? The seller would have to get it to a FA terminal, but they would ship it to the FA terminal in Toronto and save you a bunch of driving. Just a thought...

D

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
Buffalo is just as close as GTA. Plus less brokerage/customs charges to just pick up.
Looking pretty grim at the moment. I really don't want to sink half the value of a machine into the shipping.
But at the end of the day it's a nice example of a machine I want so its worth checking out.

I sent my sister-in-law a text about my problem. She does shipping for her employer and she sent me the following link
http://shipfreight.van.fedex.com/Classi ... nTool.aspx
I just put in the dimensions of the shipment and it spits out the 'estimated' class.

ShootAgain

Aug 6, 2013
Gatineau
Re: Shipping ClassesjQuery18205347681332046575_1405006733123

If you would like to get a quote from NAVL, you should ask Michelle Bianchi.
I think it is usually around 400-500$ to have a pin shipped from anywhere in the US to Buffalo
She's the one in charge for pinball and arcade stuff.

Just google her name and you'll find her contact.

BMHouze

Mar 11, 2014
Delhi Ontario
I have a brother that is a dispatcher for Laidlaw. I hate to hit him up for a favour but, he may be able to find a trailer with some room on it in the area. I am kinda hoping he won't help me as I can only imagine what kind of favour he may want in return. Luckily last year he moved upteen truckloads of pea gravel for his gardens.

Brothers, call them only when you need something.