• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Robocop startup

John Connor

Dec 7, 2016
Mississauga
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of purchasing a robocop pin but am a little concerned because the game kicks out two balls into the launcher when the game starts. This only apparently happens on starting the first shot of the game. Any ideas about this and if it should dissuade me from buying it? Is this a known problem? An easy fix? Thanks!

John

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Sounds like a trough / switch issue. Could also be something as simple as too many balls installed in the game. I wouldn't say the issue isn't fixable, but how difficult it is will depend on your comfort and skill level.

I would say as long as the price reflects the issues with the game (and it leaves you enough room to hire someone to fix it should you need the help) then I'd say grab it.

D

John Connor

Dec 7, 2016
Mississauga
Ok thanks for your reply. I think I'd be comfortable diagnosing and fixing it. It doesn't sound like something that would be difficult to fix. Thanks,

John

John Connor

Dec 7, 2016
Mississauga
Sounds like a trough / switch issue. Could also be something as simple as too many balls installed in the game. I wouldn't say the issue isn't fixable, but how difficult it is will depend on your comfort and skill level.

I would say as long as the price reflects the issues with the game (and it leaves you enough room to hire someone to fix it should you need the help) then I'd say grab it.

D

Does $1500 sound reasonable for a robocop with this issue, some minor cabinet wear and some plastics that need replacing ?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
I've never been good with the current market pricing game, but that sounds reasonable. You might have a difficult time locating plastics for this game... if I recall they are not easy to come by. (then again I could be thinking of another game around the same era)

D

spikedbat

Aug 31, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Did you end up buying the Robocop? Was it the one for sale in Milton? If so I ended up getting it. It was kicking out two balls bc the captive ball had come out of its place and ended up in the trough. Once I removed it the game only kicks out one ball now. Owner didnt even notice the captive ball was missing.

John Connor

Dec 7, 2016
Mississauga
Did you end up buying the Robocop? Was it the one for sale in Milton? If so I ended up getting it. It was kicking out two balls bc the captive ball had come out of its place and ended up in the trough. Once I removed it the game only kicks out one ball now. Owner didnt even notice the captive ball was missing.

No I didn't get it. I was out bid : ). I guess you got it! Yes it was in Milton. Sounds like it only had minor problems. Any idea if you're going to keep it? I do like it. I was trying to decide between a few machines and I hesitated too long. Any other problems with it beside the broken/faded plastics? I'm still interested in it if you wanted to resell it.

spikedbat

Aug 31, 2016
Richmond Hill, Ontario
You offered $1400 eh? Moving this pinball out was one of the worst experiences I've had moving a pin yet. Guys stairs out the front were slick and ice covered, the new doors in these newer houses are only 31" wide... Wasn't fun and wasnt safe.
But ya I scored it. Flippers are weak and need a rebuild, doing that now. Needs to be shopped etc. New rubbers the works. Deep cleaning also. Working on it slowly.

ibjeepin

Sep 18, 2013
Toronto
You offered $1400 eh? Moving this pinball out was one of the worst experiences I've had moving a pin yet. Guys stairs out the front were slick and ice covered, the new doors in these newer houses are only 31" wide... Wasn't fun and wasnt safe.
But ya I scored it. Flippers are weak and need a rebuild, doing that now. Needs to be shopped etc. New rubbers the works. Deep cleaning also. Working on it slowly.

Check out pinball center in germany I think they are creating repro plastics.

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/p...d-parts/plastics/6770/plastic-set-for-robocop