• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pricing Check on 51 Williams Hayburners

PeterboroughPinball

Dec 2, 2014
Peterborough ON
Hi there,
I've been collecting pinballs for over 25 years - but not up on current market. I have a 51 Williams Hayburners. It has a perfect repro backglass, Cabinet professionally repainted, Playfield is good and was clear coated.
It works - but may have the odd glitch (horses not fully resetting, etc)
Just wondering if any one could give me an idea of current price in Canadian dollars??? I will list it on Pin Revolution soon.
Thanks for any input.
Barry

Reactions: WARLOCK and DRANO

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Barry,

That is a tough question. Hayburners is not a woodrail that comes up often at all.
For the few of us that know this, this was a joint Harry Williams and Sam Stern design. Yes, that Williams and that Stern!
It is a beautiful piece.

Sales on this are sparse in the US. Pinside knows nothing about this game and ipdb.org knows very little.
There are very few ebay sales on this game in the past 5 years. Hayburners Avg. sales for 2015-2017 was only 3 units averaging $1,931.00. There are no sales recorded in 2018. One of those machines was $626, and the other two were $2500 ish each. I assume the latter 2 were restored and the former was a project.

Having said all of that, I do not know how much these could sell for in Canada. Only a very few of us are purchasing historical pieces like this and I wouldn't know what price to put on it.

What I can say is that I have purchased pins and other coin op items and pinball related things many times from Barry over the last 6 years.
Fantastic seller and the restored items I have seen from Barry are beautifully done. Buy with confidence. Good luck with the sale. All the best.

Scott

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I would put 'Horsey Games" in the same or similar category to pitch and bat machines. Generally speaking, the more animation and features there are, the more valuable it is. However, the market for these is pretty small. I've always wanted a Williams NAGS, but those are few and far between and they command big money.

I'd guess that Scott isn't too far off with the $2-$2.5K range if the game is restored. Closer to $1K in original condition.
I feel this is a similar range to the P&B games of the era too. The trick is in finding a local buyer.

Would love to see some photos.
There aren't a lot of us woodrail fans left here :)

Reactions: WARLOCK