• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Price Check: Banzai Run

Hammerhead

Nov 16, 2012
Melbourne
After playing it at Allentown and again in Ann Arbor, I'm really starting to take a shine to Banzai Run. Very unique and a game you don't see very often, for obvious reasons.

I have an eye on one for sale, but have no idea what a reasonable price would be. Bostonpinball.biz says $3869 YTD average based on four sales this year.
- not CQ
- will need some money put into it to get it in good working order (assume $500).

Anyone have any ideas? Drano? Bueller?

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
Drano would likely be the best person to speak about this, given he's had two through his hands in as many months.

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
Yup, I already replied on maaca. Didn't see the post here.... but $3800 is what I sold my old player's copy for and $4600 is what I paid for a much nicer example with rare XR7 (diamondplate) playfield.

Anything under $5K for a nice example would be okay I think. Player's copies would be in the $3500+ range these days.

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
I've had Banzai Run 3 times in the last 7 years.
Here's my reply on MAACA:
I have a collector quality BR and have no idea where to situate the price of it.
Around 3 months ago a BR went for 5200$ USD on Ebay, it was'nt very nice by the way, on Mr. Pinball there are 3 for sale, one at 2800$, one at 6000$ and another at 8500$.
I know a guy from Florida who sold a CQ BR for 8500$.
About a year ago, a HUO BR sold for 10K.
It's hard to to really know with all of these different prices and conditions.......

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I guess the real question is: would you ever really pay the eBay or Mr Pinball price for anything?
I think most people in the hobby know that those two places are filled with what sellers would "like" to get... not necessarily what the games are worth.

The Boston guide is usually not too far off. Then just add or subtract according to condition and any extras.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
DRANO said:
I guess the real question is: would you ever really pay the eBay or Mr Pinball price for anything?
I think most people in the hobby know that those two places are filled with what sellers would "like" to get... not necessarily what the games are worth.

The Boston guide is usually not too far off. Then just add or subtract according to condition and any extras.

+1

D

ALJO

Apr 6, 2013
St.Romuald
The real answer could be found by posting a collector quality Banzai Run on Mr. Pinball AND Ebay (auction style), and see what it fetches.
I know someone who could do that...... ;)

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I think that's a great idea ALJO!
Send us the link once you post it :D

Its a very nice example. I'd be very curious to see what it goes for.