• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Powerball USA someone willing to buy tickets for me ?

luch

Nov 18, 2012
Newmarket
www.topl.ca
Anyone going to the states soon that can buy some powerball tickets ? looking for someone to purchase some for me . thanks

Last edited:

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
Don't buy any tickets online. The state has the right ( and you know they will exercise it ) to refuse to pay out any ticket that is not purchased at a recognized retailer. As per their web site, NO online retailer is recognized no matter what they say.

I was going over today to get them, however, the blizzard that just rolled in put an end to that. I believe my wife's friend is picking up ours tomorrow if we're lucky.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I'm going to buy a couple online tonight. I'll let you guys know about all the trouble I have getting the money when I win :p.

brad808

Feb 28, 2013
Brantford
I wasn't able to get any online. Thelotter has been down all night and a couple hours ago on their Facebook they said they are closing sales for powerball because they can't keep up.

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
Some news reports are advising Canadians who want to play to go to the USA today to buy the ticket and stay there in case they win. I don't think declaring the ticket at the border is the issue. I think the issue is that if a Canadian resident wins the people in charge of the lottery would look very closely at when/if the individual crossed the border back into the USA to claim the prize. Arguments on both sides of the coin here and the Canadian winner if they did cross back and forth with the ticket would likely have a long legal battle ahead if it were uncovered that they did indeed leave the USA with the winning ticket only to return and claim the prize. With $1.5Bil on the line the legal costs may be worth the risk but also may end up costing in the long run if the case is lost.

stiffler4444

Nov 20, 2012
Crystal Beach, Ontario
I'll throw a curve ball....I have a U.S. post office box. So I bought the ticket and left it in my post office box......then again, my winnings would probably be claimed by the U.S. postal service....damn.......luckily there are enough lawyers in buffalo to significantly tie up the money until I'm dead.

cdnpinballer

Nov 15, 2012
That's actually a great idea to keep your ticket under lock and key in the USA. Just put it in a sealed envelope with your name and address on it. Who would know any better?

Reactions: stiffler4444