• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pitch n Bat Shaker install

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
I see that pitch and bats don't get much love, but I really enjoy them and they make for fun competitions. I also like shakers. I figured it wouldn't be too hard to add one to my game and here is how I did it:

Materials Used:
Shaker Motor Kit (Rev B) for Most Stern SAM System Games $90 USD
Gaeyaele Delay Time Electronic relay w/din rail - $35 CAD (amazon)
DC 12V coil electromagnetic power relay - $20 CAD (amazon)
Misc. 18ga wire

I was hoping to avoid using the 12v relay and just get the S(ignal) from the 5v LED homerun flasher, but the voltage flash was too quick/low to trigger the timer. I added the relay with a 12v source off the main board, using the 5v LED flasher to trigger the relay, triggering the timer. If you wanted multiple triggers, you could use a lead with a diode and utilize other triggers into the relay. In all, this was easy and would do it again. Every homerun now shakes with the crowd !

Attachments

• pin.JPG
    pin.JPG
    158.1 KB · Views: 19
  • relay setup.jpg
    relay setup.jpg
    199.9 KB · Views: 19
  • shaker setup.jpg
    shaker setup.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 19

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I haven't seen this pitch'n'bat out in the wild before! Very cool, I assumed when reading the title of thread it would have been a Slugfest. I think a Pitch'n'Bat is a lot of fun, along with a Super Chexx... when you've got other people to play with. My Slugfest sat mostly unused as there wasn't a lot of interest in the house to play with me.

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
I haven't seen this pitch'n'bat out in the wild before! Very cool, I assumed when reading the title of thread it would have been a Slugfest. I think a Pitch'n'Bat is a lot of fun, along with a Super Chexx... when you've got other people to play with. My Slugfest sat mostly unused as there wasn't a lot of interest in the house to play with me.
Not many people knew of the Valley/Gizmo game, I stumbled upon it while looking for an old EM for my father. It is certainly best when you go head to head with someone else, I think I only play it solo to test it. I've been thinking about picking up a SuperChexx but they hold their value and rarely come up.

roar

Oct 22, 2015
Waterdown
I was following the Pinside thread for the Pitch'n'Bat, but it didn't get much traction and kind of fell off my radar, I love that they put a running man unit in it, I think those are really cool.

The new Super Chexx Pro's are pretty sweet looking but the game play is the same on any of them and it's great when you have people with similar skill sets playing. It's a nice add if you've got the space and someone to play with.

Steve Lennox

Jan 6, 2021
Whitby, Ontario
I was following the Pinside thread for the Pitch'n'Bat, but it didn't get much traction and kind of fell off my radar, I love that they put a running man unit in it, I think those are really cool.

The new Super Chexx Pro's are pretty sweet looking but the game play is the same on any of them and it's great when you have people with similar skill sets playing. It's a nice add if you've got the space and someone to play with.

Pinside doesn't even have a listing for it in the machines section, neither the All Star version or the Zombie version I have. The running man unit was pretty much the selling point for me over a Slugfest. I also don't love the theme on Slugfest and the playfield is a little different. Hard to justify the new price over the Slugfest prices, they seem to be very reasonably priced when I see them come up.

I think one day I will add a Chexx, but I have a couple more pins I want first...and some racers that need a new home.