• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

PinZero DMD Glare Guards

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
I would like to get some PinZero DMD Glare Guards that are available for sale from pinballlife.com
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1099

a) Does anyone know if they're available from a local source? (ie Starburst)

OR

b) Does anyone else want some or any other items from pinball life to save on shipping? They are also available at a volume discount...5 - 9 = 10% off or 10 - 100 = 20% off

I guess if we order 101 + they're even further discounted? I dunno... :?

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
SB might have them.

If not, I could use a couple more. If you do an order I'll jump in. Let me know.
Should've grabbed more in Allentown.
Might grab a few more pin cab protectors too

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
I was in contact with pinball life a while ago about a group / bulk order.
I don't have the email response, as it has cleared my archives now.
I became too busy and I didn't execute this order as yet.

I am looking for 8 glare guards myself, and 4 sets of leg protectors.

I am happy to head up a group order for all members interested.
Let's set a reasonable timeframe to respond by June 28.

I will make an order then at that time. Just add to this thread.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I will probably need one more glare guard as I am anticipating my very last addition to my collection soon. I already had a vision I would back around Allentown which is why I asked Adriano to pick me up a set of pincab protectors :FP: If you guys all agree on the group buy then let me know so I can start a fresh new thread and turn it into a sticky until it ends.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
We should just source some plastic and make our own! lol these would be so easy to make..

however, *IF* you like the idea of removing glare but don't like the look of these glare guards, I've got a polarizing film product here from 3M that are $50 each. The material is very expensive, hence the cost, but looks and works great.

I can do 1 for $50, 2 for $90, 3 for $130

I've only got 15 pieces and not sure if I'll get more in (they're spendy), but I wanted to offer them to you guys first.

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
The 3M film rocks, and is the way I would go if I had a horse in this race. (I've never liked the look of the plastic guards)

D

DRANO

Nov 15, 2012
Mississauga
I like the film too, but I sorta got used to the guards and like how they work for games with lights in the speaker panel... like TAF, IJ etc. 3M film won't help there.
I barely notice them anymore.
They look shitty from the side of the game, but dissapear when viewed from the front IMO.

tkaye

Mar 17, 2013
Ancaster, On
REVOLUTION said:
We should just source some plastic and make our own! lol these would be so easy to make..

however, *IF* you like the idea of removing glare but don't like the look of these glare guards, I've got a polarizing film product here from 3M that are $50 each. The material is very expensive, hence the cost, but looks and works great.

I can do 1 for $50, 2 for $90, 3 for $130

I've only got 15 pieces and not sure if I'll get more in (they're spendy), but I wanted to offer them to you guys first.

How about 3 for $100?
Now that's a deal!
:cool:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Menace said:
The 3M film rocks, and is the way I would go if I had a horse in this race. (I've never liked the look of the plastic guards)

D

The 3M film is great for your "keepers" but if you got A.D.D. then at least you can keep the plastic glare guards for your next game. Realistically you only need one guard for yourself and move it to whatever game you are currently playing and screw your guests :twisted:

Menace

Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Santiago de Aurora
mwong168 said:
Menace said:

D

The 3M film is great for your "keepers" but if you got A.D.D. then at least you can keep the plastic glare guards for your next game. Realistically you only need one guard for yourself and move it to whatever game you are currently playing and screw your guests :twisted:

As I'm sure everyone that knows me... I don't gots the A.D.D. :cool: My house is like Hotel California.

D

quarter grabber

May 29, 2013
Ottawa
tkaye said:
I would like to get some PinZero DMD Glare Guards that are available for sale from pinballlife.com
http://www.pinballlife.com/index.php?p=product&id=1099

a) Does anyone know if they're available from a local source? (ie Starburst)

OR

b) Does anyone else want some or any other items from pinball life to save on shipping? They are also available at a volume discount...5 - 9 = 10% off or 10 - 100 = 20% off

I guess if we order 101 + they're even further discounted? I dunno... :?

Ah too bad I just put an order into pinball life for $300 and there were 3 glare guards in my order. SB doesn't carry them and have no plans to, I asked for them last time I was there.

brewmanager

Nov 14, 2012
Scarborough, ON
I'm in on a pbl order if anyone is making one. Need to replace mwongs pop bumper light sockets, and get a few more pingulps. HSTOM wants one too....