• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pins & Pints Barcade - April 25th & 26th

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Officially announcing the first (hopefully annual) Pins & Pints Bardcade Presented by Collective Arts Brewing and 2nd Floor Events!!

The event will be happening on Friday April 25th and Saturday April 26th.

The focus of this event is a celebration of the arcades of yesteryear and the beer we wish they had when arcades existed! We want to recreate the same feeling of joy and excitement you used to have when you walked into an arcade, but this time with a beer in your hand :)

Now this event will only be as successful as the members of our community allow it to be.

Collective Arts Brewing and 2nd floor events are doing their part, they have secured a space, electricity, and staffed the event all we need to do is bring the machines!

I've visited the space and it is an amazing wide open space, it's the perfect spot to have this event, one of the nicest that we could ever have hoped for this type of event!

Collective Arts Brewing has agreed to the following sponsorship for this event:

For every machine you bring you will get a one case of collective arts craft beers along with a t shirt from the event, this is up to a maximum of 2 total cases of beer per person.

Now when I say machine, this could be a video game, pinball machine, foosball, skeeball, whatever you might have found in arcade.

You are also more then welcome to try and sell your machines at the event, but we are not looking to create a vendor area and have parts and other odds/ends for sale.

Since the main focus of this event besides the arcade is that of the beers available from collective arts brewing this is going to be a 19+ event.

The official hours for the event have not been nailed down but setup will be on the Friday and tear down will be anytime after 10pm on the Saturday.

There will also be an IFPA Sponsored and run tournament on the Saturday, more details to follow later.

I really think this is a great opportunity for the local community to finally gets its legs under a show, these guys have been very enthusiastic about this event, are offering us a free space with no cover and trying to add an incentive for bringing games to the event. I really hope the community will step up and help make this a great event!

Let me know if there are any questions and as information and promotional items come out about the event I will be sure to update everyone

Also if you plan to bring a machine please either reply in the thread or contact me directly so I can try and keep track of who is bringing what.

Thanks to everyone in advance and lets makes this a success!

Attachments

• 2ndfloor.jpg
    2ndfloor.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 341

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Also just realized in my enthusiasm to put this post out I forgot to actually include a location, the event will be taking place here:

461 King St W, Toronto, ON M5V 1K4
(416) 263-0122

http://2ndfloorevents.com/#!/welcome

As I mentioned I visited the event and loading/unloading should not be an issue for a downtown location, there is a large parking area just of wellington for 2nd floor events, so there is no worries about having to try and unload on a busy downtown street.

There are a few stairs to contented with to get into the space, but it's only about 6 they are wide and straight and Creative Arts has said they will have staff on hand to help with getting the machines up and down the stairs.

I'm also hoping to entice a local member with the use of his electric stair climbing dolly to make the move easier.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Sweet......
The Doug, Tim and Scott show so far.
5 machines in 2.5 hours. 1/8 of the way to full.
Wondering how big a case of beer it is we get.

WARLOCK

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
The Bluffs, Scarborough
Sounds good Adam.
I will commit 1-2 pins from Walt and assist in his transport.
We are at 10-11 pins already in under 5 hours with your 4.
Tim, we will assist you one way or another. Jokerz is kewl.

bstock

Apr 1, 2013
Montreal, Quebec
tim.sanderson said:
I know your folks live relatively close, but if you'd like a closer place to stay you're welcome to crash here, buddy. :)

Right on Tim, I appreciate the offer! I might be coming with a group and making a bit of a trip of it, so we'll see how it works out.

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Sad News, Pins & Pints has been canceled :(

Guess it was too much to hope for to actually have a pinball event with actual corporate sponsorship, but can't blame a guy for trying :?

Aside from being a pinball show, this was supposed to be an opportunity for Collective Arts Brewing to showcase the great beers they have, and also promote a great event space in 2nd floor events, which was (up until recently) a underutilized space.

Unfortunately 2nd Floor events has now changed their tune, and their space no longer needs any kind of promotion as business has taken off

As a result, 2nd Floor events is no longer interested in donating the space to host this event and has said we either have to cough up $3000 to rent it for the weekend, or cancel the event.

Since I'm not confident in the ability of this event's monetarily possibilities, and they only thing invested at this point is time, the event has been canceled.

I'm still keeping in contact with Collective Arts Brewing as they are still committed to making something happen somewhere, sometime, but we need to find an event space that fits within out budget (of basically very cheap or free)

Sucks that it has ended up this way, but like I said worth a shot, and at least some in roads have been made with the possibility of sponsorship in the future.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
Re: Pins

Adam, keep CAB on speed dial. I think between, you (organizing), me (print media), Scott (event gear supplier), and many others I'm POSITIVE we can pull something off before the end of the summer and keep the whole thing VERY cheap, if not free. I'm willing to donate whatever I can to make it happen. I think if CAB can supply the brews, the tailgater / flea market idea can happen. What about fair grounds?

Vengeance

Nov 14, 2012
Keswick, ON
Anything and everything is on the table at this point, if you guys got a venue, I can talk to CAB about sponsorship.

But yes perhaps we should all sit down and brainstorm something.

I smell a get together :)