• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinballnews.com - P3 Latest Developments

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
banner.gif

40e.jpg

There are some updates on Lexy Lightspeed - Galaxy Girl and Cosmic Cart Racing. These guys will also have the latest prototype cab at Expo this week so for those that are going stop by and check it out.

P3 Latest Developments

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I watched the video demos of the screen. My concerns with what they are going for, is if you are rendering 3d graphics like that, it has to compete with what we see on a daily basis on xobx, ps3, etc.

With their small team, they don't have the budgets or ability to make something comparable.

With WOZ, the screen is for display, looks nice, but isn't doing heavy duty 3d gaming, so it can do what it needs to do and look good doing it. I just don't think the p3 looks good.

I am intrigued though. We shall see.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
I'm more intrigued at their flipper and sling mechanisms as well as their modular system

44e.jpg

To work on the flipper mechanisms, slingshots or wireforms, you simply slide them out of the frame.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=xm-MwbyBMqk[/youtube]

I'm sure the base platform is pricey and curious to see how much kits for other games to drop in will sell for.

REVOLUTION

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 13, 2012
GTA
www.pinballrevolution.com
the cart racing looks interesting, but I'm not sure how it would relate to pinball? Maybe hit certain targets and it speeds up your cart? Who knows.. it's interesting tech, but the whole thing seems kinda gimmicky to me.

frolic

Nov 19, 2012
Tdot
I'm not sure if the P2000 concept would have had legs after the novelty wore off. I think pinball needs to be pinball. You can add lcds in the playfield or backglass, the dmd is admittedly tired, but the core game is what makes it compelling.

That "virtual" playfield for Lexxy looks like a virtual Nintendo pinball game though.