• We have upgaded to the latest version of XenForum and the process finished without any errors!!!! Enjoy the new forum!

Pinball Ninja Repair Blog Sale for next 48 hours

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
10978971596_6de176b3db_z.jpg

Clay just posted this around 9am on pinside and I highly recommend getting a user ID while it is on sale now for $15. Even if it is not on sale this will be the best $20 you ever spend in the hobby.

As some may or may not know, there's a pinball repair blog at PinballNinja.com which covers pinball repair. Over 800 documented repairs, and over 300 videos on these repairs. There's also a table of contents that allows you to see repairs on specific game titles. New posts appear once or twice a week with detailed pictures and video. The cost for a user ID is $20, but for the next 48 hours, that cost is $15 (via paypal.) Thanks! More details can be found at
http://www.pinrepair.com/donate

Clay's contributions to pinball and the community are endless. His old pinrepair guides are excellent resources (if you can still find a copy of it floating around on the internet) and his "This Old Pinball" aka "TOP" video shot with Norm are great to watch and lots can be learned if you want to get into doing your own game repairs. I highly recommend TOP #3 - "Lost in the 'Zone" which is basically restoring a 1993 Bally Twilight Zone container pin. Even though you don't or care to own a TZ he goes over lots of basic principles like how to test things like coils, transistors, re-pinning headers, board repairs, flipper rebuilds etc... He has other videos for sale too which can be found here:

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Grauwulf said:
How long does it typically take to hear back from Clay after you've donated? Anyone?

Last time he had this sale I got my username and password the same day. Maybe he is overwhelmed with lots of people subscribing right now on pinside too.

mwong168

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 14, 2012
Toronto
Pharoah007 said:
How long is the sale on for?

He posted on pinside yesterday morning at 9am so technically should be good till 9am tomorrow? Regardless even if it is not on sale $20 is nothing for the invaluable information on his blog.